Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The dials on my car were worn and chipped by the previous owner. I bought a new climate control but realized that my 01 doesn’t fit the 02-05 harness.

anyone switch out their knobs/dials? I know how to to the dials I’m just not sure how to take it off without missing anything up and putting the new one back on

·
Mr. Roo
10,270 Posts
You can switch out the knobs/dials. Once you get the entire unit out of the car, you can take off all the screws from the back, and very carefully and slowly start taking it all apart, prying the front cover off. Eventually, you can remove the circuit board from inside the front cover, the one that holds the dials. The dials can be carefully slipped off and replaced. There are metal contact bridges inside though that are loose, and grease, so definitely be very careful.

·
Registered
59 Posts
You can switch out the knobs/dials. Once you get the entire unit out of the car, you can take off all the screws from the back, and very carefully and slowly start taking it all apart, prying the front cover off. Eventually, you can remove the circuit board from inside the front cover, the one that holds the dials. The dials can be carefully slipped off and replaced. There are metal contact bridges inside though that are loose, and grease, so definitely be very careful.
What he said !! Be very careful when removing the knobs after removing the 10 screws from back of the circuit board! There are 3 small tabs inside the right part of the back of each knob, if they fall out and you don't put them back in your whole system won't work. I had this issue a few months back and it was this guy TobiasSing that told me what I did wrong and how to fix it. If they come our it's no big deal just make absolute sure you put them back in when reassembling them.

·
Mr. Roo
10,270 Posts
What he said !! Be very careful when removing the knobs after removing the 10 screws from back of the circuit board! There are 3 small tabs inside the right part of the back of each knob, if they fall out and you don't put them back in your whole system won't work. I had this issue a few months back and it was this guy TobiasSing that told me what I did wrong and how to fix it. If they come our it's no big deal just make absolute sure you put them back in when reassembling them.
haha yeah I was remembering the trouble you had when your pins fell out and nothing worked. Lesson learned! Depending on age and condition, those things usually stay stuck in there with the grease, but obviously not every time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts