Lexus IS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I got my alarm put in. I ordered the Intel 7000 but when I got back 5hrs later, he told me that they didnt even have it so they gave me the 9000 for the same price. My car now has...
*Doors lock when pulling off/unlock when car turns off.
*Passive Arming
*2 stage shock sensor (ajusted from the remote) If you pluck my rim the car will chirp!
*My windows roll up when activated from remote or 30 sec after I turn off the car.
I can roll my windows down from the remote or vent my windows.
*Took out the coin holder for the valet code switch (2 buttons to enter valet code or car jacking code)
*Trunk pop and turn on my headlights from the remote.

There is so many features I have to read the manual a few times.

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
Sweetzzz How much it cost you and are you still using your Lexus key with the alarm? Where did you get it done? I'd like to check out your setup... I will sleep a lot better, and go more places, if i get an alarm as well. PM me if you like.

Thanks Bruh.
Rich

·
Registered
699 Posts
Originally posted by Sweetzzzz:
Today I got my alarm put in. I ordered the Intel 7000 but when I got back 5hrs later, he told me that they didnt even have it so they gave me the 9000 for the same price. My car now has...
*Doors lock when pulling off/unlock when car turns off.
*Passive Arming
*2 stage shock sensor (ajusted from the remote) If you pluck my rim the car will chirp!
*My windows roll up when activated from remote or 30 sec after I turn off the car.
I can roll my windows down from the remote or vent my windows.
*Took out the coin holder for the valet code switch (2 buttons to enter valet code or car jacking code)
*Trunk pop and turn on my headlights from the remote.

There is so many features I have to read the manual a few times.
hope u like it! i love my intel 7000!!!

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok the Intel 7000 was $399. Thats what I orginally asked for but got a 9000 for the same price since they were out of 7000's. I just noticed that my front 2 windows are now auto up and down
The module for 2 windows up and down is $199 ( I think im going to get the back windows done now. I think he told me to get autostart added was $200 or $250. I CAN STILL USE MY FACTORY REMOTE OR THE CLIFFORD REMOTE. I can also turn on the those city lights from the remote. The chirp is not loud, its kinda cool (low tweak). I can also silently arm the alarm from the remote. Basically I can do whateva I have to from the master-remote. The car jax system is turned off because I dont want to keep entering the code everytime I or someone gets in/out of the car. Im about to download the full (28page) manual because when I go back tomorrow to get wiring finished for my system they are going to quiz me. ahahahha Im not getting a system, just the wires for down the road. $90 for a 8 gauge kit tapped and ran to the trunk with a on/off amp toggle unfront. The place is called Car Tunes.. Its been there as far I as can remember (15-20yrs)

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Do you have a little more info on this Car Tunes place? The only place I found on the 'net was in "Rich's Car Tunes" in Boston. Did you go that far to get it? I would hope not.

-crontab -l

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Car Tunes is 1 min from my house. (Exit 32N on the Southern State Parkway)
CARTUNES 45 ROUTE 110, FARMINGDALE,NY 11735 (fax 631-752-2165) 631-752-1833

You can go to clifford.com and type in the zip and there you go!

If anyone calls or goes there just mention me (Byron Silver IS). I told him that I knew a few "friends" that would be interested in this alarm.

·
Registered
503 Posts
CArtunes is a great store, went to an SPL comp couple years ago. Any chance you can get a wiring diagram for he whole system? I have the 9000 in my truck and wouldn't mind taking it out and putting it in the LEX

·
Registered
699 Posts
Originally posted by Sweetzzzz:
Ok the Intel 7000 was $399. Thats what I orginally asked for but got a 9000 for the same price since they were out of 7000's. I just noticed that my front 2 windows are now auto up and down
The module for 2 windows up and down is $199 ( I think im going to get the back windows done now. I think he told me to get autostart added was $200 or $250. I CAN STILL USE MY FACTORY REMOTE OR THE CLIFFORD REMOTE. I can also turn on the those city lights from the remote. The chirp is not loud, its kinda cool (low tweak). I can also silently arm the alarm from the remote. Basically I can do whateva I have to from the master-remote. The car jax system is turned off because I dont want to keep entering the code everytime I or someone gets in/out of the car. Im about to download the full (28page) manual because when I go back tomorrow to get wiring finished for my system they are going to quiz me. ahahahha Im not getting a system, just the wires for down the road. $90 for a 8 gauge kit tapped and ran to the trunk with a on/off amp toggle unfront. The place is called Car Tunes.. Its been there as far I as can remember (15-20yrs)
$399 for 9000? that's a hella of deal

did you get the cliffnet wizard? i strongly recommend you to add that option, from there you use your laptop to do all the settings t your alarm

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yep 399$ for a 9000, but it was only beacuse they didn't have anymore 7000's left. So I got lucky. I think the 9000 was 499 or 599$. I dont know anything about the wizard thing, Im still trying to learn all the things this alarm can do. I know im going to get my rear windows and sunroof added to my alarm, so they all can be auto up/down and controlled from the remote. I saw something about memory seats from the remote in the showcase as a options. Know anything about that? The master remote has 12 options so I guess it could be done. MAYBE NOT

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by Ylw IS300:
CArtunes is a great store, went to an SPL comp couple years ago. Any chance you can get a wiring diagram for he whole system? I have the 9000 in my truck and wouldn't mind taking it out and putting it in the LEX
http://clifford.com/c_guides.htm

·
Registered
168 Posts
hey Sweetzzzz,
Did you have to give up a valet key so they could use your chip? Or is that only for autostart? I wanted autostart too but without leavin my chip/key in there

Pat

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I dont have autostart, so I didn't have to give up my valet key. For remote start you HAVE to so I chose not to get it either. I can use which ever remote I want, Factory or Clifford

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
15 Replies
9 Participants
DonCorleone
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing