Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I just purchased the JDM Manarays VR5 EVO's from GMAN and are 18X8.5s. I realized that I am in desparate need of a drop.I've done tons of researched and are just several clicks away from purchasing the Hotchkis. However, I've been reading good and bad reviews (issues with rubbing) about the drop with 18s.. :suspiciou I read the Hotchkis review and it sounds perfect for me since I want to keep my stock shocks. But now I have 18s, so it's a little tough to decide. I definately need input on this. I don't have a digital camera right now but I guess I'll just have to take a picture with my phone and post it as soon as I can.

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
bRibRi said:
Should I roll/shave fenders?
Well you won't have much to work with in the front. What I suggest is getting a heatgun, heating up the inner plastic pieces within the front fenders, and taking a bat and hammering it up as much as you can. This will reduce some of the rubbing. You COULD also roll the front fenders, but if you take a look at it, you'll only be getting another 1/4".

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
True...i was already thinking about something like that. This is going to be my first time messing with my suspension. Hopefully, nothing messes up...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts