Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My shop is trying to convince me that a clicking noise is just the pads braking in. My rear driverside brake pad is making a clicking noise, and the faster I'm going, the faster the noise gets. I dropped the car off at my shop and they said they fixed it, and it was just the way that the brake pad was sitting in the caliper.

And now the noise is still there, just not as loud. So they're saying its just the pad finding its groove in the caliper, or something along those lines. And they're saying to give it a few thousand miles to go away.

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
clicking when you brake or just all the time?

you might hear a noise akin to having a playing card in smack against the spokes of your bike wheel (softly) when braking due to the slots and cross drilled rotors.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you might hear a noise akin to having a playing card in smack against the spokes of your bike wheel (softly) when braking due to the slots and cross drilled rotors.
That's how it sounds! Haha, good analogy. But its when cruising, and ONLY from the rear driverside. When I tap the brakes, it goes away.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts