Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a clicking noise coming from my glove box. As far as i've noticed it has been pretty random . It happens right when i turn the car on or after driving for a while. It happens hot or cold, a/c on or off. Sometimes it wont happen for weeks and then start up again. Any ideas???

·
Registered
854 Posts
I have the same kind of noise. kinda sounds like something is rubbing or something. I can't figure out what that noise is either. I have taken my door apart, the glovebox apart and cannot find where that noise is coming from. If someone knows of a fixor, that would be awesome

Mike

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
There are other posts about this. Supposedly it's a little servo for one of the air directing flaps that goes out of whack. Not sure what the fix is either as far as DIY goes.

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
take out your cabin filter in there and make sure it's flat

·
Registered
3 Posts
Has anyone pinpointed this problem yet? I have an 04 and it is making a chirping and rubbing noise from behind the glove box. I know exactly what part is making the noise, but i'm not sure what it is exactly. It looks easy enough to replace, just not sure what it is called.

Any help?

Thanks!

·
Registered
854 Posts
Has anyone pinpointed this problem yet? I have an 04 and it is making a chirping and rubbing noise from behind the glove box. I know exactly what part is making the noise, but i'm not sure what it is exactly. It looks easy enough to replace, just not sure what it is called.

Any help?

Thanks!
pics of the part by chance?

·
Registered
79 Posts
As far as a clicking noise... could something small be getting thrown around in your blower?
Like a little rock or a chip of plastic... or a loose fin on the fan that needs to be glued back in place?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts