Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
well i changed out the endlink thinking that was the problem after reading the all suspension noise thread and the noise is still there. it happens when i come to a stop, when i hit small bumps and when i turn the wheel to either side. is there anything else it could be?

thanks

·
Banned
1,309 Posts
Check to see if your tie rod outer has a blown bushing or if it's loose. It could also be your ball join for your spindle.

Does your car have stock suspension?

·
Registered
297 Posts
I had LOUD clicking sounds coming when I applied breaks. Supposedly my car needed a SHIMS kit and something needed to be lubricated. After that the noise went away for sometime. After 6 months its somewhat back.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Check to see if your tie rod outer has a blown bushing or if it's loose. It could also be your ball join for your spindle.

Does your car have stock suspension?
Definitely check and see if your tie rod outer is loose, that would be the 1st thing that i would check.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Could also be your wheel bearing, you'd be surprised the kind of noises they'll make when they're on their way out.

Jack your car up to get the offending wheel off the ground, and try to wobble your wheel, if it moves AT ALL in any non-rotational motion, its most likely your wheel bearing.

·
Registered
84 Posts
My car has the same problem. I payed the Lexus dealership over $1,400 to fix it and the sound is still there! I hate dealerships!

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I had a similar problem and it turned out my front sway bar was missing a bolt and a couple others were loose.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I just noticed two days ago that I have the same problem.
It comes from the passenger side and
only when a passenger is present.
But like stated before, its a pop only when the wheel
goes over a bump.

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
iv noticed that i can feel it in the spearing wheel whenever it makes the popping/clicking. its reallllllly pissing me off. i feel like taking a fucking sludge hammer to my whole suspension...

does anyone have a pic of the outer tie rod and what would i need to be checking to see whats loose?

·
Registered
49 Posts
My front passenger side was making some popping noise everytime I hit a bump or bad rough roads. I knew it was the shocks but havent had time to change it out. Finally last week I went ahead and purchased some new front shocks(KYB) and installed it. Went over the same bump that I hit and made the noise every time I leave the house. Now tHe noise is gone, even on rough roads.
One of my end links for the sway bar is bad(leaking fluid) when I change the shocks but left it as it is but it never gave me any noise.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts