Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First I notices that Titan has a bearing package for 96.99 is this correct?

Clevite 77 Engine Bearing Package for the 2JZ Supra

now the real question, it looks like Clevite bearings are only avail in std and +.25mm, and I get where that comes from but where's the bearing #1-5 buisness at?

If this is a dumb question bear with me, I've never built a block before.

·
Registered
960 Posts
I have Clevite bearings on my car. I ordered the std size. Have been working great with no problems.

ps. You can just buy the connecting rod bearings if that's all you need. You don't need to buy the entire set. :p That's what I did when I called up Titan

·
Premium Member
10,234 Posts
When you say #1-5 you are refering to the Toyota system of determining bearing clearance. Don't trust, don't use it, the best way to finding the correct clearance is with a micrometer or plastigauges.

With the Clevite bearings the come in one size, unlike OEM, they come in a variety of different sizes. Typically if you haven't had any machine work done to the crank standard size is perfectly fine, however once you get the bearing it's to your best interest to measure everything once again.

+20 undersize bearing is meant for crank that has been reworked.

I am using Clevites entire bearings set from Titan. the bearing clearance might be different from when using OE 1-5 bearing, but it is well within specs across the board.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts