Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Some of u might think imma dick and a rice boy for doing this but I want clear side markers! I saw a picture of the guy in seattle w/ gunmetal rims w/ da two hot chix but i fergot to post a msg asking where he got them. And how would u change them...i tried looking under behind the bumper but everything seems kinda closed off. And through the hood...thats too far to get to. Thanx.

------------------
Spectra Blue IS300

·
Registered
323 Posts
in an earlier post he said he spraypainted them silver. i dont know exactly how he did it but it looks clean. maybe i'll spray mine a smoked color.

mike

·
Registered
13 Posts
spray painted?? what type of spray paint and how?? sorry i really have no idea how to take those side markers off myself...

im sure someone will make those clear side markers soon???

email me: [email protected]

SILVER IS300 PLEASE HELP!

·
Registered
96 Posts
For Peat's Sake...

Now we're changing the markers on the bumpers??

Please!!!!!

You people need to find something better to do with ALL the Time on your hands.

This car is SCREAMING to be LEFT ALONE!

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
for peats saker dont u have something better to do then complain everytime somebody mentions modding the car in any way? i have mudguards on my car, do you consider it riced out??

·
Registered
2 Posts
this might be a stupid question, but what is the bulb color inside the side markers. is it orange/yellow or clear? i was wondering because i wanted to see what color would appear (when the lights are on) if i cleared the side markers.

·
Registered
45 Posts
stockIS3, the car isn't SCREAMING to be left alone, just YOU!! for the record, the altezza's chief engineer has modded his car far beyond just rims or springs. this car is a 3-series competitor, and that means performance is a priority, and modding will push that edge just a little further. so just let other is300 lovers do it. i've tinkered with my GS, and no one seems to think its a problem, let alone the IS

·
Registered
168 Posts
Please shut up. If you want your IS stock, then leave it stock. Why care what other people do to their cars? Are you scared that your car won't stand out as much? Even if its something small like bumper markers? I can understand if someone puts a mammoth spoiler on it you'll get upset...but its still THEIR car and THEY like it. People aren't here to satisfy what you want/like.

Originally posted by stockIS3:
For Peat's Sake...

Please!!!!!

·
Registered
258 Posts
is300,
now u speak... modding it right will make it better, a lot better! i totally agree w/u guys...
mw94704,
if u paint over your side markers, u might as well just take off the bulbs inside so no lights will show through... 'cuz if u decide to paint it, what's the point of having the light bulbs in there right?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Originally posted by stockIS3:
For Peat's Sake...

Please!!!!!

i don't want to add fuel to the fire, but the IS was designed to be modded... you can remove both bumpers and front fenders by removing less than 30 bolts...

the entire front end can be removed and modified in minutes... the engineer must have had this in mind when they designed it...

people should also be aware that the internal bumper structure on the IS300 is much thicker than that of the Altezza..therefore body mods may not fit correctly (withoug some structural modifications), even if the bolt pattern is the same...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Originally posted by DonCorleone:
for peats saker dont u have something better to do then complain everytime somebody mentions modding the car in any way? i have mudguards on my car, do you consider it riced out??
No, I consider that just PLAIN TACKY....
Country....

·
Registered
96 Posts
Originally posted by is300pat:
Please shut up. If you want your IS stock, then leave it stock. Why care what other people do to their cars? Are you scared that your car won't stand out as much? Even if its something small like bumper markers? I can understand if someone puts a mammoth spoiler on it you'll get upset...but its still THEIR car and THEY like it. People aren't here to satisfy what you want/like.

IMO alot of the "Mods" you people are doing is "Cheapening" the car. Making the car look as if you spent Toooooo Much time in "Pep Boys".....
Gezzzzzz this is a Lexus for christ sake....

And if I hear ONE MORE TIME about what the engineer of the IS300 does with "his" car....
If you guys really believe "whoever" you're talking about drives the IS300.... Well, enough said.

Can you people say... Advertising Ploy???

And it worked.... Look how many Teenagers

and Young 20yr olds bought the car....

The way some of you are behaving with these "Mods" I can see why people are calling the IS300 a "Luxury Civic"

Im so CONCERNED about this "Modification Epidemic" that Im looking for RED TAILIGHT LENSE for my Lexus.

Most of my Acquaintances feel the SAME WAY.....

Just My Opinion People.

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
maybe you should have bought a McClaren F1,
or something along those lines, that way you won't have to deal with the embarrassment of people half your age driving a car that you had to work your ass off to get? this isn't an "all boys network" where only ppl who think and look like you are the only ones who can buy the car, and that means anyone with the money taht wants to will get the car, no matter how smart, pretty or how they think, and they will do what they like to their car. who are you to tell anyone else what they should or should not do to their car? stop bitching about how so and so did such and such to their IS as it is an atrocity and blasphemous and theyll burn in hell for eternity. nobody said anything about you keeping your IS stock, nobody said anything about you wanting to switch out for red tails, dont tell us what is right and wrong for our cars, unless you are willing to pay everyone to keep their IS stock. you sound like someone who wanted a higher model but "settled" for the IS. Ask yourself, if they were to offer you one car, and this deal was just for you, one time deal, you can pick a 2001 GS400, GS300, SC400, SC300, RX300, LS430, LX470, M5, Z8, Boxster, Lotus, any Jag, Benz, for the same price as an IS, would you still pick an IS? I love my IS but i would pick the most expensive car- then sell it and go buy a few IS300s instead of just one. Don't tell me what is tacky, whats in and whats out, you probably wore bell bottoms/smoked/wore ripped jeans with untied laces/did the macarena or whatever because u thought it was cool or whatnot, nobody told u **** (probly parents but tahts a given) so let ppl enjoy their cars, and you enjoy yours.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Is it possible to wire the front marker where its off and only comes on when you turn on your turning signals?. The marker doesn't nother me but I would rather it set up that way.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts