Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i was washing my car yesterday and noticed that on the front driver side fender that the clear coat is peeling. About a dime size is already gone and then about 2 quarters size around that looks all crappy and you can see it's peeling. Is there anything i can do to fix this or at least stop it from peeling anymore without having it repainted? Please help, it looks like garbage and I don't have the money to repaint my car.

·
Registered
190 Posts
that sux bro..had the same thing happen to my ASP a while back but on the roof and top of the trunk lid. I tried waxing the hell out of it and even asked a body shop if they could put a little clear back over it. They said I might as well have those pieces painted cuz they would have to sand down, add paint, then clear those spots and might turn out patchy..it got insanely bad before i could get it repainted and i felt like i was driving a complete POS the whole time it was embarassing. If its just on the fender you should probly only be looking at around 250 bux to get it repainted..i would say that would be your best bet cuz you dont a want a circular spot that isnt quite the exact color as the rest of the fender..and its only gonna get worse man just be prepared its gonna start shedding like snake :(

·
Banned
371 Posts
ya, you are going to have to repaint it. thats all you can do when the dlear is starting to flake.
what would make it easier, is just buy a used fender, prep it yourself, and then have someone spray it? then sell your fender as a used fender? will give you some time, and a little less cost.. or just prep your fender yourself, take it to the body shop, and have them spray it. it saves a LOT of money by prepping yourself, and its really easy.
GL though! i hope all works out well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts