Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i don't know if it happens to you guys too but it seems like the aftermarket lenses that we buy for our car does it fog up or have condensation in there? Its like my second time pulling out lense and silicone it up and still it seems like its not working :cry: . I really don't wanna put my factory on again so i was hoping if some of you guys got advice and what you do to solve the problem?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
565 Posts
exact same thing happens to me. I was told to take it out and twist the buld to the other direction to hold it in place, but i still get a lot of condensation....i do not know what to do now! :cry:

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its like i don't know what to do no more man i want to throw it away and get new ones but then what if new ones happen same way.... i have no idea i put heavy silicone twice already...

:pissed:

·
Registered
400 Posts
its the rubber where the bulb and the plastic cover meet...needs to be pushed tighter on to the plastic...try using some electrical tape to seal it where the plastic and the bulb rubber seal meet...need more answers...ask me... :crazy:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Don't know if this will help but my girlfriends old eclipse lights used to fog up and get condensation inside and I was told by a wise man to drill a tiny hole in the lens, and wala, it worked. You might want to try that before throwing them out. :chill:

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bflinker9 said:
Don't know if this will help but my girlfriends old eclipse lights used to fog up and get condensation inside and I was told by a wise man to drill a tiny hole in the lens, and wala, it worked. You might want to try that before throwing them out. :chill:
don't if you drill a tiny hole isn't going to make condensation lol theres probably a tiny hoe to begin with

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
joetx said:
its the rubber where the bulb and the plastic cover meet...needs to be pushed tighter on to the plastic...try using some electrical tape to seal it where the plastic and the bulb rubber seal meet...need more answers...ask me... :crazy:
good idea but how do i go on doing that
after it put twist it as tite i can seal that crap up?

·
Twisties Addict
12,063 Posts
ive bought both kinds of the markers....the cheapies and the expensive ones........both of them fucked up on me.

I siliconed both around every edge and where the rubber piece is as well!

There is no answer....the answer would be for some company or joe schmoe to design there own LEAK free side marker and they would make a killing!

The people that design ours now are the same people that design civics clear corners and shit!

·
Registered
400 Posts
its hard to explain....try and seal it tight where the rubber meets the plastic...

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
van48 said:
i seen smoke clear corner, but how do you smoke them?
just two coats or window tintin spray or maybe just 1 coat.. just make sure you whip down you lense real good and spray from the inside not outside... I made that mistake the 1st time... hope this helps...

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
irv_usc said:
all you have to do is use some of that silicone sealant and build up the area surrounding the whole where the bulb plugs into the housing. i've done that and no condensation ever since.
so your saying that to silicone up the like circular entrance where the bulbs goes into well the boundaries. I just silicone my whole lenses twice once let it dry then go condensation then another then condensation im about to silicone it again. A lot of hassle to tell you the truth.

·
Threadlocker
7,912 Posts
XaLtezZaX said:
irv_usc said:
all you have to do is use some of that silicone sealant and build up the area surrounding the whole where the bulb plugs into the housing. i've done that and no condensation ever since.
so your saying that to silicone up the like circular entrance where the bulbs goes into well the boundaries. I just silicone my whole lenses twice once let it dry then go condensation then another then condensation im about to silicone it again. A lot of hassle to tell you the truth.
yup, just make it so that area is tight when you are plugging the bulb/plug goes back in...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.