Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I recently got a CF hood and want to clear bra it before i put it on, but its gunna run me at least $180 to get it professionally done. How hard would it be to do it my self? Has anyone tried this before? What are some good techniques to install it cleanly? TIA

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Bro, I've seen it done and it takes quite a bit of technique. I think you should just pay the money and have it professionally done. If you mess up and have to redo it, you'll be aggravated and probably not get it right. I've done my headlights before, and those are so small, and that was a bitch.

·
Registered
530 Posts
As long as you take your time and keep it plenty wet, it should turn out fine. It would be much easier to have a friend help out! If the clear bra was less than 50, I would try it myself. I did my own tailight film since the shop wanted 120$ just to apply them :O but they came out wonderfully. Hope this helps

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was talking to guy today who has been doing clear bras for 6 years and says that the kits for our cars are a level 2 difficulty (out of 5) and he said if your handy you could prob do it yourself.
I think I'm gunna go for it

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
If all your doing is the hood then it wont be too hard. I suggest you do it yourself and save some money.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I was talking to guy today who has been doing clear bras for 6 years and says that the kits for our cars are a level 2 difficulty (out of 5) and he said if your handy you could prob do it yourself.
I think I'm gunna go for it

Where are you getting the clear bra from? im looking for one for my bumper since i just got a repaint. It shouldnt be too hard, i can help you out.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
I do clear bra for a living. It's a very entailed process. If you have patience you can probably do the hood yourself. As for the bumpers, mirrors and fenders, those might be a little harder, and professional help might be neccessary. The IS300 is a little easier to do. Please be patient, that is the most important thing I can tell you about this.

xilr8IS300, if you are in my area, gimmie a buzz and I can help you out.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Where are you getting the clear bra from? im looking for one for my bumper since i just got a repaint. It shouldnt be too hard, i can help you out.
The guy I spoke with is located in Elgin and I'm gunna buy a 4' roll from him. PM me if you want his number.
And if you can help me out, that would be awesome. Only thing is that I plan on doing it tonight. I dont know if youre available on such short notice. If you can make it my cell # is 630 886 1473 and I live by california and fullerton in chicago

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
All I have to say is....

If you ever go to remove it. It will take you a good two - three hours. And don't use WD-40 or goo-gone. I did to remove a clear bra when I bought my car and it all ran down on to my headlight lenses and now there foggy as hell. And nothing, I mean nothing will buff it out.

I have to get new lenses. But I'm just going to wait and get clear-chrome Headlight housings.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts