Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that this subject has been discussed, but I don't think it has been hit from this angle yet.

Hey guys, I have been noticing how many modded Civics, Accords, etc. I have been seeing with the clear lights. It has got to get on the nerves of IS owners. Do you guys think that it will turn the clear brake lights into a fad, and thereby force Lexus to change the lights within a year or so?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Take a look at the lights on a Monte Carlo SS. Very similar (clear lenses with round red brake lights). It seems that this style may be more than a fad, just the next generation style of brake lights.

·
Registered
150 Posts
It annoys me when I see these accords and civics putting on these clear tail lights. I think that this takes away from the Lexus status. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
666 Posts
we've been through this before in other threads. Ya gotta realize that these hopped up civics actually get their aftermarket clear lights before Lexus did. These aftermarket lights came out because of the Toyota Altezza. Then the Lexus IS200 and 300's came out.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Being annoyed because people copy the lights on the Lexus is like being annoyed that Burger King is copying McDonalds. Copying head and tail light designs happens everywhere, not just with Hondas. I've seen MR2s that try to look like Boxters and Toyota Chaser's that try to look like BMW and MBs. Get over it.

·
Registered
666 Posts
UnixCron,
Yeah same car different engine.
What I was trying to say is that the aftermarket lights came out because of the Altezza. This was before the Altezza morhped into being the Lexus IS200/300.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Saw a new RX-300 on the road today with - you guessed it - clear tail lenses. They are now stock for 2001 models.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Originally posted by Leader:
Saw a new RX-300 on the road today with - you guessed it - clear tail lenses. They are now stock for 2001 models.
Got any pix? I guess it's ok to copy your own kind...being in the same Lexus family that is. But nooooooooooo!!!!

------------------
Anxiously waitin' for my manual '02 GGP...

·
Registered
47 Posts
As an IS300 owner, I don't give a damn. It's not like Lexus put a patent on clear tailight covers and if I saw another brand of car with them I would nto scream "damn you bastards! Those are IS300 style taillights!"

·
Registered
195 Posts
According to the news that webmaster posted on the front page, Lexus will be making the taillights body colored next year except for silver and white.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
if you get a 95+ tercel you can get a wings west body kit to make it look like an m3
had me fooled for about halfa second =)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
13 Participants
mrclam
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing