Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm replaced all of my speakers but I want to retain the stock headunit because honestly, I think it looks very clean and I don't want to attract attention with the D1.

Well here is the problem. I have mtx t75's in the trunk with 2 600 mono block amps that used to run off LLC's that were on the rear speaker. After much help from lisnup, I got the aux-out mod done. Works great. Sounds much better.

But now im adding additional amp to power the Infinity kappa perfects 6.5 componets and 6x9 3way speakers and I don't think the RCA's from the amp will give it a strong signal to make it sound right.

So I went to a local car audio shop and asked them if they had any line drivers in stock. Soon I told them what I was doing and they reccomended me the JL Cleansweep. They said that it will boost ur rca strength and give you the best sound, even better than an aftermarket headunit.

So is the Cleansweep really worth a big dent in my wallet?

·
Useless
5,346 Posts
I say no! Get a line driver and be done.

·
Registered
44,398 Posts

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lisnup65 said:
I say no! Get a line driver and be done.
I made my rca connects from the RR RL on the amp. If I hook up a 4 channel to it to power my speakers and then slipt the same signal and make it go to my subs..will it work and sound right?

What are alternatives?

A major con with the cleansweep is that I do not want another volume knob.

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Useless
5,346 Posts
VP500 said:
I made my rca connects from the RR RL on the amp. If I hook up a 4 channel to it to power my speakers and then slipt the same signal and make it go to my subs..will it work and sound right?

What are alternatives?

A major con with the cleansweep is that I do not want another volume knob.
A simple line driver will up the voltage to make sure that you have more than enough to dist to 10 or more amps!

Here http://www.autotoys.com/x/catalog/PAC_TURBO_1_LINE_DRIVER_FOR_RCA_p_4930.html

I cannot recommend this site, but its the product I speak of. $30.00 is worth a try do you not agree??????????

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What I am worried about is the signal going to be good for the 4 channel for the speakers, meaning will the speakers sound fine? better than stock?

then spilt the rcas to go to the subs

·
Useless
5,346 Posts
VP500 said:
What I am worried about is the signal going to be good for the 4 channel for the speakers, meaning will the speakers sound fine? better than stock?

then spilt the rcas to go to the subs
As answered in the PM. The signal will be fine. Dependant on the amp the signal voltage may be a bit low thus requiring a line driver. The only lose the way you did it is the use of the fader as you grabbed only the Rear right and left outputs.

Dave

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
After I did the aux-out mod. I tried fading to my rear speakers and seemed like the tweeter had no signal...It was just all bass. Is this normal?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts