Lexus IS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so like the title says, i need a little bit of help getting an exhaust back into decent shape. i bought a used exhaust from an infamous member of .net and although it was promised in perfect conidition, i was dooped and it came dirty and with numerous scratches and stains. on my past cars i installed the mufflers, pipes, and tips brand new so i just kept up with maintenance and never had the problem of stains, scratches, etc.

so anyway, now i have the problem and since the muffler had never been cleaned, i polished for about an hour last night with blue magic metal polish. its still pretty nasty and it still has tar all over it, stains, and the tip has copper looking stains all over it. can anyone recommend a method for getting this to look a little nicer?

one person recommended a metal shop to get the scratches out, but i dont know how to find a metal shop or how much they would charge for something like this.

please, any help would be appreciate and +rep for all those who give me good advice.

here's some pics:

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
i use brake cleaner. but i heard mothers polisher does wonders.

-Aaron

Reactions: scruffyburritos

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
The Mother's polish works pretty good, as does a product called Nevr Dull. If that doesn't work, you could always bring it to a motorcycle shop and see if they can polish it for you. Good luck.

Reactions: scruffyburritos

·
Registered
473 Posts
I would use mothers metal polish or any kind of chrome polish and a dremmel (with some type of cloth wheel) or buffer w/ cloth wheel. That will polish that beotch right out.

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
^^^ mothers metal polish is good.

·
Registered
645 Posts
I didn't see this mentioned on this thread yet but Mothers is awesome!! j/k ;)

I used it on my strut bar and it looks brand new now with minimal effort. It's pretty cheap too.

·
Registered
306 Posts
chrisCARL0S said:
Did you get this from IMPRIMIS?

Try using some Mothers polish.
Dang man that sucks! I would be pissed as a mofo....but like chris said the mother's polish is good but I warn ya it will only do so much. Just slap it on the car and you won't notice it as much....maybe the perfomance and sound will make up for its looks.....

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
chrisCARL0S said:
Did you get this from IMPRIMIS?

Try using some Mothers polish.

none of the polish is working... its just messed up beyond repair.

yes, i did get the exhaust from IMPRIMIS. he refuses to respond to my PM's. i have asked why he lied to me and he wont respond. ive asked for some sort of compensation and of course he ignores me. i dont understand why this website allows idiots like Jason to continue to sell in the marketplace (apparently i am not the first person he has done this too). i am very upset by this whole ordeal and .net can forget any money i was going to send to support them.

its too bad i could be the one that gets banned for stating the truth, while idiots like IMPRIMIS are going to be continuted to be allowed to steal money from people like me. :disagree:

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
For 1 I had not packaged the exhaust nor looked @ it when it was taken off the car

The exhaust was taken off the IS when I went out of town by friends of mine helping get the car back to stock

About not answering PMs I am @ work with a pop up blocker on the computers, so obviously I don't get them so breathe

When I had the exhaust I used Mothers and a polishing wheels on a drill at all my shows I was at and it worked good.

And I never read the PM asking for compensation, so I have no idea where that came from (nvm opened a new window) My fault there I suppose

Let me transfer funds back to my paypal and get you some money back cause I can say that it didn't look like that before I left out of town, so obviously between dropping the car off and then picking the boxes I had back up something happened, and I am going to be making some calls when I get out of work.

No need to call me out and talk out of context I am not too hard to get a hold of here :lol:

Many people have my cell, or my email is even in my profile and it is connected to my work email

And I am not hiding or anything I am not that busy and just cause I don't own an IS300 anymore doesn't mean that I am leaving, well I am on a couple new boards but still lurk around

-Jason

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
dont you think since you are selling the exhaust you should make sure its in decent condition before you promise someone that it is in perfect condition with no scratches. you also promised it would be cleaned up when you sent it. i still have those PM's from you if youd like to see them ;)

dont tell me to "breathe" you sold me a crappy item for way too much money and you know youre in the wrong. why not just admit it like a man would do?

ive used the dremel and mothers yet still nothing. im taking it to a shop tomorrow to see what they can do... but obviously they are going to charge me for it, if they can even do anything. so by the time im done, the canister is still going to have a huge scratch and dent in it and i will have probably spent more than if i had just ordered the exhaust brand new.

so far your excuses to me have been: pop up blockers, divorces, trips out of town, hospital stays, and too busy. how about you stop making excuses and just step up and take some action?

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
They are not excuses they are fact

Fact it was perfect when I said it was, and like I said I have no issue with sending back money, just going to take me a couple days to transfer money.

And my "excuses" are not hardly that (this is my life :lol: )

I do travel, did get a divorce, did go to the hospital for a bit it all happened not like it matters really.

But yeah I got the PM asking for money back, that is no problem

·
Premium Member
4,978 Posts
Mothers polish works great. I use it on my Greddy Evo II and it still looks brand new.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
somebody's gonna get pwnd.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well i have my own life with my own problems. but i dont use them as excuses in transactions with other people. i deal with my problems separately and dont let my life turn to chaos. apparently you never learned how to do that or how to have respect for other people.

THE FACT IS YOU SENT ME A BAD PRODUCT. IT IS YOUR PROBLEM AND NOT ANYONE ELSES. it was your exhaust that you had advertised.

i dont even believe you when you say ill get the money... it took you two months to get me the exhaust. how the hell am i supposed to start believing you now?

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
scruffyburritos said:
well i have my own life with my own problems. but i dont use them as excuses in transactions with other people. i deal with my problems separately and dont let my life turn to chaos. apparently you never learned how to do that or how to have respect for other people.

THE FACT IS YOU SENT ME A BAD PRODUCT. IT IS YOUR PROBLEM AND NOT ANYONE ELSES. it was your exhaust that you had advertised.

i dont even believe you when you say ill get the money... it took you two months to get me the exhaust. how the hell am i supposed to start believing you now?

What is you paypal addy?

I have funds there now actually, I just checked ...

I am not running no need to do all that, and cause "drama" I have had my fill

I will be glad to send you the 110 dollars that is sitting in my paypal account right now

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
scruffyburritos said:
where is this $110 figure coming from?

This is all the money I have sitting in paypal at this exact moment, and I will have more transfered in 3-5 days.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.