Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok..i have problem..you know how small tar particle gets on ur car? well i was wiping them..when i smeared one on there...so i tried to scrub it off as hard as i can..but i couldnt..i called the dealership and they said to take it in for detailing and that they got a solution to take it off...u think itll work? even tho the tar is smeared?

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Originally posted by Lexus_IS300:
ok..i have problem..you know how small tar particle gets on ur car? well i was wiping them..when i smeared one on there...so i tried to scrub it off as hard as i can..but i couldnt..i called the dealership and they said to take it in for detailing and that they got a solution to take it off...u think itll work? even tho the tar is smeared?
You might wanna try a claybar or a cleaner like Klasse All In One before they do anything to it. I would try the Klasse first and if that doesn't work then use the claybar.

[This message has been edited by HIBBoyScott (edited November 11, 2000).]

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
There are a lot of products that will remove tar quickly and effectively, check your local auto parts store.

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
If you want to try cheap, go for some dishwashing liquid. Some strong degreaser but gentle on your car...soft hands.

Tar is mainly oil and grease right?

·
Registered
65 Posts
All you need is plain & simple car wax. I've had tons of that stuff on my car. I know how it is, you try washing it with your sponge and it just smears. Car wax takes it right off. I don't think it matters, but I use Meguiar's.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Get something called the Tarminator. I have some that I spray on the car before it goes through the carwash, when it comes out the tar is gone. Spray it, let it sit and wipe it off its that easy.

------------------
Stephen Withrow
[email protected]

98 Lexus LS400
97 Ford Explorer Limited

·
Registered
6 Posts
When I first picked up my IS300 from the dealer there was a nice greasy coat on the car.. what is that coat? Protection?
What is it called and can I buy it?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts