Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any tips on cleaning the material used on the inside of the A-Pillar in the cabin? I noticed that after I took mine in for the first oil change some monkey left a dirty fingerprint dead center of the pillar in my line of sight. What has anyone found that will safely clean the soft, fuzzy material on the pillar, ceiling, etc without discoloring or messing it up? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6,714 Posts
well, its a carpety material. i'd look for a gentle carpet cleaner (dunno if that really exists or not), apply it to a clean cloth, and blot it out. maybe dilute the cleaner in some distilled water.

·
Cone Killer
7,315 Posts
As hardcore says, its a cloth material. I use Tuff Stuff for my interior. Have not use it on the pillar yet. Though have used it in my carpet a couple of times. works like a charm.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I'll take a look at some mild cloth-cleaner. I'm not a real fan of this fuzzy stuff they like to use now, it seems like it gets dirty and looks like hell after a few years so I am trying to keep it good and clean.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I just noticed the same thing on mine!! They put plastic on the seats and paper on the floor, but they don't wash the grease off their hands before getting in. Nice.. :suspiciou

-Mike

·
Registered
2 Posts
I used resolve carpet cleaner and it works great. Just remember if the entire ceiling is a bit discolored from age its going to look cleaner in the spot you cleaned. I wiped over the entire ceiling and didnt harm it all. Just be gentle when rubbing cleaner on.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I'd suggest Meguiars All Purpose Cleaner Plus from Meguiars "Detailer Line". It does not suds or foam up and has great cleaning power, won't stain (although test an area first) and has nice citrus scent.

You can get a 32oz sampler with professional spray bottle with chemical resistant sprayer for $6.49 + shipping at ADS. Meguiar's D103 All Purpose Cleaner Plus

1 - 10 of 10 Posts