Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Author Topic: "Do you IS guys get sick of seeing your lenses on Civics? "
WhyNoISCoupe

wow, I come to these boards all the time but never post. either way, this guy is a fool. Dont you know that those tail lights are European style lights or what? and dont you know that they have been around a lot longer then the IS?? dont get me wrong, i LOVE IS's to death, but face the facts, Lexus got the idea from Euro lights....

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I think you're also misinformed those lenses were developed by Toyota for the 98' Toyota Altezza...Lexus brought over the Altezza as the IS300 01'(changing the car but same basic design)....in between that happening some people imported the real Altezza lights and molded them into their cars....also when the idea of the IS coming over here was announced APC copied them calling them "euro lights" and brought them to the market for every damn car in this universe...or so it seems....anyway hope that helps

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hey dont forget that Lexus had the Idea a few years before the Altezza came out. Oh yea has anyone heard of the Altezza lights coming out STOCK on any other car (other than Lexus)? Someone told me that, I duno but I wonder if they did if Lexus would slap a copyright lawsuit on them

·
Registered
816 Posts
Kastan: dt1313 is right. "Euro Lights" is just an euphemism for Altezza-style tailight housings to keep TMC from filing cease-and-desist orders. The entire masked-lens/"eyebrows"/clear-lens/blue bulb/Altezza housings phenomenon originated with the Japanese aftermarket. There were never any European cars designed with the so-called "Euro Lights", but there will be with the upcoming BMW 3-series hatchback.

------------------
051/LP/SR/LD/HH

·
Registered
126 Posts
Kastan, yep, you're the winner. After that MASSIVE thread regarding the lenses you start a new thread and make an ignorant statement like that. Why dont you read some of the other thread before you type another word. Some intelligent IS owners have explained this situation over and over again on the other thread...I'm not going to waste my time dealing with you. The winner of the most ignorant poster: Kastan! Are you going to Disney World now, Kastan?

------------------
I'll dump my Mustang for an IS...if and when they EVER make an IS coupe!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Ever go to ebay and do a search on "altezza"? I did this looking for stuff for my car; unfortunately, all I get are hundreds of auctions for altezza style lights for other cars. "Altezza" lights are all over SF Japantown as well and that's exactly what everyone calls them. Most people don't try to fool themselves, these lights are from the IS300.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
6 Participants
Yoshi300
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing