Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from an exhausting 7 and a half hours from circuit city!!!!! I bought a remote starter and they said installation would be 2-3 hours. It ended up being 7 and a half hours and they gave me a refund after removing the starter. They cant get the doors to unlock with the engine running after starting it with the remote starter! I am so pissed that i wasted that much time when in the end they had to remove it. They said that these import cars security systems get more complicated every year and they said it is impossible to have a remote starter with my IS300. Is this b.s. or do they not know what the hell they are doing? And yes i understand that i am stupid for even considering circuit city to handle my car!

·
Useless
5,346 Posts
lexusaltezza said:
I just got back from an exhausting 7 and a half hours from circuit city!!!!! I bought a remote starter and they said installation would be 2-3 hours. It ended up being 7 and a half hours and they gave me a refund after removing the starter. They cant get the doors to unlock with the engine running after starting it with the remote starter! I am so pissed that i wasted that much time when in the end they had to remove it. They said that these import cars security systems get more complicated every year and they said it is impossible to have a remote starter with my IS300. Is this b.s. or do they not know what the hell they are doing? And yes i understand that i am stupid for even considering circuit city to handle my car!
Cough, cough, BULLSHIT!!!! :pissed:

CC and the likes suck ass. Go to a real shop and they will no pronblem for you. The D-locks in the IS can be done 2 ways. A hard way and an easy way. 99% of the people do not actually know how easy it is. A remote start install is easy, an alarm is much tougher.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
i work at circuit city and it depends who is working there how long they been working there all about experiance. the guys in my shop could do it but i dont want it done, i woulda let a manager know , circuit is committed to customer service they should have never taken that long that shoulda been a sign that they didnt know what they were doin. also there was notice sent out to all shops that we were not gonna do remote start in IS300's they shoulda known that, i dont know the reason behind it but if u get the right person its very easy .

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The thing is that the manager of that part of the store was the one working on it! He treated me like shit too. It was like he was angry at me for it not working. I had them install it yesterday and they said "uhh we just found out that we need another key to put in the bypass module." That alone made me mad and suspicious of whether they knew what they are doing. I bring the key back today and they say it doesnt work because they put in a wrong wire. Then they change it and it still doesnt work so they say sorry(as if it were enough for wasting my time) and they remove it. At least i learned a lesson of never ever taking a car such as this to a place not completely dedicated to mobiletronics!

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Ha, my brother is working at circuit city now. He just did an IS remote start 2 days ago.

·
Useless
5,346 Posts
Just to make a point!

I cannot speak for all CC stores and the like, but I do know that it is tough to have quality installers for $7-11.00 per hour. These are almost always limited to entry personal that use these types of stores for growth in the industry or for testing the waters to see if this is a field they actually wish to work in. I am not stating that all the installers are bad, but I have yet to meet a quality installer in person at any of my local area stores. I have redone countless installs from my local BB and CC stores. I see some of the most foolish mistakes and I would not even recommend my enemies to these stores as I beleive that all it does is hurt the industry in a whole. Your local installers may be better than whats here so please do not take offense to my personal expireneces.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I just got mine done at CC 2 days ago. I bought all the hardware (transponder bypass, starter) from Lisnup and was very pleased. I was not going to take it to CC but when I was talking to the installer he told me that his brother had a IS300 and it seemed like he knew what he was doing. They have a lifetime warranty on the install so I went with them. I guess I got lucky with CC, it works perfectly.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
I'd be the brother!

I saw your car up there...snow tires and all! :)

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
He was taught by the best....Linsnup.

I have the compustar alarm on mine...with remote start. Works very well. I wish I would have gotten the transponder bypass you have though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
7 Participants
mattssi
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing