Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any purchased from a Lexus dealer in the Cincinnati or Columbus, OH area? Looking to buy an '02 IS and would rather skip the BS if possible.

Thanks
T

·
Oompa-Loompa of Science
1,995 Posts
I am in the same boat as you are, man. I went into Performance Lexus on Wednesday and inquired about the '02 Manual, and the guy said that they will not have any on the floor until late Sept. He also said that there are about 30 people on the waiting list that have put their money down already. I dont know if this guy was giving me a line of BS or not, but that many people on the list really surprised me. I am not sure if I want to deal with Performance or not, but since they wont have any IS's in for a while, I guess I have time to think about it.
About Columbus, I have gone into there before also, but they did not impress me either. They seemed like they wanted to play games, too.
Dont forget to check out or at least call Akron/Canton Lexus, that is where my mom bought her GS and where I probably will go for my IS because that is where I grew up, I am just down here in Cincinnasty for school.
Hope it helps T, sorry I didnt have any real good info, I was just pumped to see somebody else from around The 'Nati.

·
Registered
90 Posts
what up cincy boys? I got my IS from Performance 2 weeks ago and had a very good experience. I shopped around for a good deal on the internet - specifically Prestige Lexus in NJ. I then called the sales manager at Performance told him a little less
and he offered to match. By the way - if you see a GGP cruising around it's me!

·
Premium Member
5,684 Posts
I got my IS at Lexus of Akron/Canton...They are very good to deal with. I haven't been there to check out if they have any 2002s yet, but I will stop by there soon...My ECU upgrade parts should be here soon...Hey Natty, where are you from??? I live about 5 minutes from the Lexus of Akron/Canton by the Porage Lakes...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
30 on the list! I didn't think they were all that popular around here. I was planning on waiting until spring anyway. A guy I know was working at Performance Honda a few years ago, hopefully he is still with them, or Lexus, and can point me in the right direction. I'll let you know if I find something. Oh yeah, there is a Lexus dealer in Dayton, I'll try an get up there soon.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I purchased my car from Lexus of Columbus. They treat me really nice, even I am still young. The service department is really good as well. The price is also negotiable. I also know the new car sales manager over there. I can help you guys a little bit.
They will not have 02 until the early of September. They will have 1 Red Manual, 1 sportcross, and two other colors. Basically, it is the same situation with Cinci dealership.

Later.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Ralph Sells is the sales manager. The salesperson I started with left during the process. I think the guy that showed me the car when I picked it up was Bill Rey - he was really nice. I love the fact that I can pull my car up any day, walk across to the wings place, drink a beer and come back in 1/2 hour with car looking like new!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's all good. I forgot about the wings place being right there. (work and live close to Perf. Lex.)

·
Oompa-Loompa of Science
1,995 Posts
I got my IS at Lexus of Akron/Canton...They are very good to deal with. I haven't been there to check out if they have any 2002s yet, but I will stop by there soon...My ECU upgrade parts should be here soon
Phill, I already beat you to checking with A/C Lex on their arrival date, I called last night and they told me that they are expecting to get a crystal white manual either Mon, Tues or Weds. And they will be using that as the Demo.
...Hey Natty, where are you from??? I live about 5 minutes from the Lexus of Akron/Canton by the Porage Lakes...
Hey Phill, you mean 'Portage', right? hehe. I grew up on the other side of Belden Village, close to Walsh Univ. I went to St. Thomas for HS, would have went to Glen Oak.

30 on the list! I didn't think they were all that popular around here. I was planning on waiting until spring anyway.
Hey T! I am planning on buying mine some time around December. Just as a thought, I bet we could get a fairly good deal if we go together, whichever dealer it may be.

I also know the new car sales manager over there. I can help you guys a little bit.
Thanks Solar, I will remeber that.

(...Boy, I sure used alot of quotes!)

[ August 10, 2001: Message edited by: NattySlide ]

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not a bad idea Natty. I might be ready for a dec. purchase. (Selling my MR2 to a family member, hasn't seen snow yet...I'm sure he would like to keep it that way.) I would love to have one sooner, but was going to wait for a better price.

·
Oompa-Loompa of Science
1,995 Posts
I would love to have one sooner, but was going to wait for a better price.
That is exactly what I was thinking T. There is no way that I am paying sticker, or close to it. These next few months of waiting are gonna kill me, especially if I see an AR with polished wheels, but I would rather have a little more coinage jinglin' in my pocket then, than flat broke with a new ride now.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I'm going through a leasing broker in Cincinnati. As far as know, I'm top of the for a 5 speed 2002 IS. Zero hassle, invoice price, and first pick of the lot. Can't get any easier than that.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Todd - that sounds great! The woman I was working with at Performance went to work for that company - Susan Worthington. You should get a great deal going that route. Good luck!

·
Oompa-Loompa of Science
1,995 Posts
Wow, there is more people from this area on this board than I thought. Here I was thinking it was a Cali monopoly, guess I was wrong. I am glad I am, because you know what this means...sooner or later, we need to get a meet going. Possibly in the springtime maybe? I dont know, just a thought.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That leasing deal sounds damn good. But I was planning on buying. NattySlide, what is your plan, lease or buy? Just remembered that a friend of my wife is looking at the IS also...maybe we can get a good deal on 3.

·
Oompa-Loompa of Science
1,995 Posts
That leasing deal that Todd got is almost too good to be true, but if he really got that good of deal, than Congrats to him!

To answer your question Tabarry, I am planning on buying it all the way. I am not a person digs leasing, plus I get way too attached to my cars to give them up in three to five years.
And the more people we can get to go in with us, the better deal we will get, so I say, bring 'em on!! Anyone else interested?

·
Registered
823 Posts
I live in Blue Ash (Cincinnati) and got my 2001 SBM from Performance February 28th. At the time, I was 2 years into my 3 year lease on my 98 Civic EX. I had been wanting an IS since the summer of 2000 and finally gave in. I had to pay about 3 grand out of pocket to get out of the lease (difference from what Lexus gave me and lease payoff, plus mileage I went over). I feel it was totally worth it, though.

The salesman I dealt with was very straightforward, and I had a large advtantage to get the price and payment I wanted. I went in on the 27th, and discussed things with him.. at the time he was running late for an appointment and we continued to talk numbers and such. By the time he was ready to go I had him very close to the payment I wanted (already had determined the price). I got the advtantage when he said he had to leave and he would have the car sent to the detail shop in the morning, so I said I would contact him tomorrow. Since they have already dropped money into the car I haven't got yet, my advantage came in. I called Jed the next day and told him my final price and if he could give it to me I'd be there in an hour to sign the papers.

Well.. an hour later I was there looking at my freshly detailed SBM with 2 miles on it and signed the papers.
Ended up getting it for around $31,5000 after taxes, title, etc etc.

All in all I'm very happy with the car and haven't had any of the problems people have complained about. Then again, its August and I only have 3900 miles on the car.
I went to Lake Cumberland last week and that was my longest drive so far with the car (4 hours). Felt perfect and smmoth, especially in the twisties once I was there.

But, back to topic.. I had no problems with Performance Lexus. I plan to stop up there once they have a 2002 to take a nice look at them, and to also ask them how soon I can get a set of tinted taillights.

Since I've got the car in February I've seen very few IS's around Cincinnati. I work with someone who has a black IS, and on the road I've seen 1 black, 2 GGP's, 2 SBM's (one with 16" wheels) and 1 yellow.

I didn't realize anyone else from Cincinnati was on here, I don't post much, just browse the board every now and then.

We should set up some type of meet sometime..

·
Registered
90 Posts
tsc - I'm the GGP w/temp tags!! Just got it two weeks ago. Glad to here you haven't had all the other problems I've read about - I was starting to get nervous. I work in Sharonville and live near Mason. Hope to see ya on the roads....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts