Lexus IS Forum banner

201 - 220 of 241 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #201
Well my oem 3.7 diff lasted one week before exploding. I just ordered a brz diff to replace it for now, well see if it holds up.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Well my oem 3.7 diff lasted one week before exploding. I just ordered a brz diff to replace it for now, well see if it holds up.
ouch! I know the stock diff is pretty strong but I'm assuming you're getting decent traction with that rear tire setup. Did it let go from a hard launch or from a roll?

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #203
ouch! I know the stock diff is pretty strong but I'm assuming you're getting decent traction with that rear tire setup. Did it let go from a hard launch or from a roll?
Yea i was getting really good traction with the tire setup. Surpisingly the diff was making noise all day and then finally went in 1st gear at about 5mph. I have a BRZ diff going in this week with brand new fluid. Hope it lasts me the rest of the season.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #206
Not with a V160 :lol:

Great going brotha! Everything looks and sounds amazing! :approve:
Yea this isnt gonna be fun lol. The diff is already in the guys at empire move fast! Thanks man much appreciated.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #208
The car has been a pleasure to drive since completion. I will be switching to a T56 magnum this winter and eventually a stronger diff (8.8 Ford). The BRZ diff has taken my 600-750whp settings abuse no problem but the gearing is horrific for my v160.

Here's some recent pics of the car.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #210
V160 has been sold and the BRZ diff will be coming out.

Spring setup will be the following:

Grannas Racing GR700 Swap with Aluminum driveshaft
OS Giken R4C Quad Disc clutch w/ ARP Flywheel bolts
Tilton slave cylinder and hydraulic bearing
Grannas Racing 8.8 IRS conversion w/ 4.11 Ford Racing gears and a Detriot TrueTrac
Level 5 DSS Axles
Energy Suspension front bushings + Figs 90k diff mount bushings

Very excited to get everything installed. Waiting on the grannas racing 8.8 diff mount and axles at the moment.

Empire Performance will be installing all the parts.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #213
*update

Grabbed the last set of Corbeau Forza Sport FIA rated seats left

Changing the turbo for this season of racing as well (pics to follow)

I am officially singed up Slipstream Racings roll-race event at Pocono raceway.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #215
What's the part # on the Energy Suspension bushings you just picked up?
Here is the link Rear Differential Bushings - Ford Thunderbird - 4.1126

Not positive they fit yet i haven't mounted them. They fit the following according to the site:

Differential Carrier Bushing Set (without damper installed) 4.1126 fits these vehicles:
Ford Mustang 1999 Cobra thru 2004 Cobra
Ford Thunderbird 1989 thru 1997
Lincoln Mark VIII 1993 thru 1998
Mercury Cougar 1989 thru 1997

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #218
that's a big one! what kind of torque numbers were you making with the s369sxe?
Dyno wasn't reading TQ at the time but the tuner estimated a little over 700. This one should do around 900TQ :grin:

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #220
*Update*

Tune is set for April 16th when Alpha comes to NY. Race at the Poconos is on the 21st.

The car is almost complete i am just waiting on the Grannas Racing 8.8 IRS kit to come. A catch can is being made along with a headlight air duct for the turbo.

Empire Performance made the 7175 GT42 fit and also added -AN boost lines pictured below. The transmission is already in the car just waiting on a driveshaft and axles to complete the setup.

Very excited to see the car be finished up and hit the rollers.

201 - 220 of 241 Posts