Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 242 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My car wasn't running good in the fall and i tried to get a retune, but something was still wrong and couldn't get it sorted out. I was going to buy and AEM v2, but lets just say things escalated quickly and this where i'm at.

Old Setup with my Iforged Aeros

Old Setup: OG SRT Turbo Kit PT72GTQ - GTE Bottom End - HKS 264's I/E - Non-vvti - V160 - Modified fuel rail dual feed/return setup - Dual Walbaro Pumps

Sold the Iforged Aeros and picked up these WELD RT-S 15x10 275/50-15 ET Streets

Had to ditch my Eibach Pro Springs for CX Racing Coilovers so my wheels could fit

Upgraded to some LQ9 Coilpacks

Ditched my old HKS BOV for a Tial Q

Needed bigger injectors for my power goals so I went with FID 2000CC Injectors thanks to Jonathon @ THMOTORSPORTS

Out with the Haltech and in with a ProEFI 128 with flex fuel thanks to Alpha @ Induction Performance

Ordered a new XS Power top mount manifold and downpipe to clean up the look of the bay. The manifold is going to be modified for a vband wastegate (Tial 44mm)

The car is now dropped off at M&S Performance to get put together :grin: They will be building me a custom intake manifold and piping.

Power goals are between the 700-800whp range on e85.

I should have more updates in the next 2 weeks or so.

·
Registered
904 Posts
really like your setup, where did you get lq9 setup

Reactions: c1L

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I got it from suprastore, Ive heard great things about them. Im pairing them with BKR7E plugs.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
few updades: manifold and downpipe are now in place with some modification.

Intake manifold and Turbo are being polished

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
Picked up spare valve covers and hit them with some Dupli-Color Engine Enamel for now
thats a good idea... next time i get in there im doing that. thanx buddy.

o and thats a nice build you got. is it ready for that power or is your mech throwing in some other goodies also

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thats a good idea... next time i get in there im doing that. thanx buddy.

o and thats a nice build you got. is it ready for that power or is your mech throwing in some other goodies also
Alpha said he would stop making power on my car at 650WTQ :) Im hoping to make in the high 7's or low 800's on e85 the way it sits

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
My car wasn't running good in the fall and i tried to get a retune, but something was still wrong and couldn't get it sorted out. I was going to buy and AEM v2, but lets just say things escalated quickly and this where i'm at.

[/U]

Like the MK4DR in the title, the slicks and also nice to see how things have escalated for you... straight from 'needs a retune' to it now needs 7-800whp. :):)

I know for me, what started off relatively simple (stock clutch originally went), kept progressing more towards where I wanted to be. Good to skip a few steps along the way

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Like the MK4DR in the title, the slicks and also nice to see how things have escalated for you... straight from 'needs a retune' to it now needs 7-800whp. :):)

I know for me, what started off relatively simple (stock clutch originally went), kept progressing more towards where I wanted to be. Good to skip a few steps along the way
Got that as my plate hoping i can own up to the name :grin:

·
SEAHAWKS!!
10,782 Posts
looks good so far.

PS, moved ;)

Reactions: c1L
1 - 20 of 242 Posts