Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:pissed: Ok, so I was on here earlier asking about this, then everything was great for about a month now this again. The (blue)mini 15A fuse by the drivers foot rest for the cig lighter keeps blowing out. I have a switch running to the amp and the lighter for power. Stock headunit, small kenwood amp, 1 JL 10" sub, pretty simple except for this one kink. ANyone have suggestions on where it could be shorting out, but also importantly, an alternate place that I can run the switch to? (a constant 12v source) PLEASE HELP I NEED MY BASS BACK

·
8,803 Posts
i had issues with the cig lighter. Upon further inspection, i noticed that a penny had jammed in the second ac/ plug under the armrest. This caused a short in the line, and i had the dealer put a new outlet in and a new fuse, and its fine now.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks dude, I don't think thats it, why didn't you just pop the penny out. I think its something with thte wiring under the main cig lighter, the owner before me sploced it for something, but I sealed it up with tape, I don't know what else the problem could be, anyone else have trouble with cig fuse blowing?

·
Registered
463 Posts
samething with me....a penny some how got in the cig lighter and blew the fuse. Doesn't matter if you just take the penny out, the fuse had already been blown. Replaced the fuse easily and i was good

1 - 4 of 4 Posts