Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone chrome plated their factory wheels? If so ,where at and how much? I just got chrome 16" wheels for my snow tires and love the ease of maintence.
I also hate seeing other Silver IS's driving around just like mine. We're expecting twins
next year, so I can't afford new wheels right now.

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Originally posted by luvmyride:
Has anyone chrome plated their factory wheels? If so ,where at and how much? I just got chrome 16" wheels for my snow tires and love the ease of maintence.
I also hate seeing other Silver IS's driving around just like mine. We're expecting twins
The dealer I went to had chrome rims as an options. Extra $1700...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
$1700 ---OUCH I could get a nice set of aftermarkets for that. I've seen companys advertising in low rider mag. that will chrome factory wheels for under $500, but I'm afraid to send them my perfect wheels and have them come back looking like crap. I was hoping that someone out there had used a plating company they could recommend.
Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Originally posted by luvmyride:
Check with Gerry. They used to have a good source. Has anyone chrome plated their factory wheels? If so ,where at and how much? I just got chrome 16" wheels for my snow tires and love the ease of maintence.

------------------

1 - 5 of 5 Posts