Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To keep in from becoming totally off topic *yes* I am mentioning sportcross'.

1. Meet some family members I dont totally care to be around, bah
-my sons first christmas, that was fun :)

2. Spend 3 days in basement fixing well/pump/piping/pressure tank =$700
-Yet ANOTHER reason my aristo swap is getting stomped all over :( :(
-Crash course in plumbing, DIY FTW!

3. Not drive the sportcross for almost a week due to a combination of family get togethers and the water systems most untimely failure. It started to skip a bit at idle and break apart on accel.... Found out it had ORIGINAL plug wires and most likely ORIGINAL plugs at 150k miles LOL. No electrodes left on the plugs and the wires were full of carbon tracts and unusable.... order NGK plugs and OEM wires...

Well anyhow I fixxed the lexus yesterday and my mood has increased ten fold. Sick of driving around the rhino F-250, its just so boring and 13.5 mpg just kills me :( diesel is sooooo expensive now.

Anyone else have a "wonderful" christmas? This was deff. one of the less fund ones for me. Next year will be better!

·
Registered
387 Posts
umm worked everyday from the day after xmas till tomorrow (8 days? something like that) actually nice to get outta the house and away from my family. only down side is when i get home i have a shitload of stuff to fix/work on.... :p

happy holidays my foot!

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I became a godfather to a x-mas baby girl
Congratulations! Children seem to be my sole reason to believe Christmas should be around anymore :(

Even though I complain about this year (a series of poor circumstances) having my son "MADE" it Christmas. Its fun again. Enjoy you goddaughter, spoil her rotten! Keep the boys away, lol!

-Brad

MKIIINA: Work? Hmmm, cant sympathize with you there. I dont remember what work is like, its been too long :)

·
Registered
387 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,141 Posts
I went to Orlando (actually Oakland, FL) to visit my parents for the weekend. My wife is allergic to dust, parents house was built in 1897, and cats, parents have two.

Watched Christmas Vacation at least twice, and shot the breeze with my parents and brother. I didn't drink as much as I thought.

My daughter opened gifts with a vengeance, but wanted to play with whatever it was right away, so opening gifts took awhile.

She was so wore out, she fell asleep 2 hours before her normal bed time, sitting on the couch.

It was fun though.

We took my wife's TL since she thinks it is more comfortable (slightly bigger), man that thing is a boat. It sucks to drive. You forget how "sporty" and direct the IS is, until you drive another car.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Brad, you're a lucky stay at home dad.
Al, 2 hours before bed time!? mine stayed up 3 hours past bed time!
My son as well but he started to get kinda nasty towards the end. Next year will be even better, he *should* be talking by then.

-Brad

squareback: I thought the TL was a sporty sedan?, never though of it as a boat before, hmm, I know that when i drive camrys I really hate the way they feel lol, suspension is too soft!

·
Premium Member
6,141 Posts
Maybe the new TL is better, but my wife's is a 2002, non-s type.

It is probably faster in a straight line, especially when the V-taaacc kicks in, than the IS, but it handles like a mini van.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts