Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just thought I would give you guys some info on the throw-out bearing since I know many have complained about it being noisy. Anyway, when I put the PHR clutch in my car within a couple of weeks, the throwout bearing starting to make a chirping sound which progressively got worse. Well, about a 2 months ago, I took my car to PHR and one of the things we did was to change the throw-out bearing. We replaced it with the Toyota throw-out bearing from the N/A supra I believe. The noise is now gone. It has been 2 months, so I will update you if something changes. I hated that chirping sound and I am so glad it is gone. :)

Just an option for you guys.

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
Your stock tranny is still hanging in there eh? Going on how many miles now??

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TeCKis300 said:
1 year and 1 month of boost and 22,000 miles on the car.

·
Registered
8,661 Posts
Wxman said:
TeCKis300 said:
Hi, I am repost. Nice to meet you.
Hi repost, what's up?

Sorry to take the focuse of the topic to this but, when is Leatherseats.com gonna have everything ready so we can order? Also, I remember you telling me it was $700 (or $800) from just the seats? Does that include the backs also or just the fronts?

Gracias, repost.

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lil' IS 300 said:
Wxman said:
TeCKis300 said:
Hi, I am repost. Nice to meet you.
Hi repost, what's up?

Sorry to take the focuse of the topic to this but, when is Leatherseats.com gonna have everything ready so we can order? Also, I remember you telling me it was $700 (or $800) from just the seats? Does that include the backs also or just the fronts?

Gracias, repost.
THREADJACKER!!! lol. That is for everything. Seat bottoms, back, headrests, doors, armrests... It is the complete package, then you should turn around and sell your stock leather or ecsaine. I got a few hundred for mine :). I thought they were already ready for sale though? Did you call them lil?

·
Registered
8,661 Posts
No, didn't call them yet but I will once I get my head together. I'm trying to decide which color to get...and if it would be worth it for everything. I'm thinking about keeping my whole "Black and silver" theme I got going by having the middle of the seats and headrests be silver/grey color. But i'm not too sure how it'll look. But now i'm thinking about getting red instead...it'll go well and match the whole red theme that SRT has and it'll give it a more aggressive look to it. I'm not sure what I want to do...maybe i'll photoshop the seats and see how they look :crazy:

But right now i'm waaaaay to busy with the intense and extremely difficult install of a Blitz oil and radiator cap :eek:

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
Wxman said:
I just thought I would give you guys some info on the throw-out bearing since I know many have complained about it being noisy. Anyway, when I put the PHR clutch in my car within a couple of weeks, the throwout bearing starting to make a chirping sound which progressively got worse. Well, about a 2 months ago, I took my car to PHR and one of the things we did was to change the throw-out bearing. We replaced it with the Toyota throw-out bearing from the N/A supra I believe. The noise is now gone. It has been 2 months, so I will update you if something changes. I hated that chirping sound and I am so glad it is gone. :)

Just an option for you guys.
Have you had any turbo related problems? Where is PHR located?

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
Thanks.

Looks like, distance wise it looks like I'm kinda just as far away from them and the East coast tuners.

·
Registered
7,142 Posts
Being in AL you would come out better just getting a kit shipped to you and then have it tuned. Or have your car shipped to Toyomoto down in FL.

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
That's true, if I can find someone who can install and tune it. I think there's a place in Birmingham with dyno and all the stuff to do that.

·
Registered
7,142 Posts
Just take it to Balanced in Atlanta.

·
Registered
869 Posts
I just complained the noisy throw-out bearing to the dealer, they said it was the cylinder problem and they replaced it. Guess what, the freaking noise is still there :pissed:
The engage point of the clutch is much lower and feels more solid now though :D

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
stick said:
Wxman, do you know what caused the chirping? I think edgy or thedon had similar problems.
It is without a doubt the throw-out bearing. If it is chirping, then it needs to be replaced. Use the NA supra one though or it will resurface.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts