Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering which chip is the best, im not to sure on stuff for the is300 i just got one recently, and also was wondering what should i first do to make it preform better, i was thinking of the SRT turbo kit, but currently i dotn have the green to do it. can you guys help me by listin a few thing that i can do for like tht doesnt cost to me. :D thx

.... \/

or

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
well, you will probably get yelled at by a few members here for not doing a search first.

To start you off, though, there is no chip out for the IS300. Our ecu's don't work that way. The closest thing you can do is a piggyback afc.

Basic mods are just like any other car- intake, header, exhaust, and afc.

It has been shown time and time again that the srt intake gives the best gains, because it includes its own piggyback.

However, if you are serious about going forced induction, DO NOT waste your money on these basic upgrades. You will wind up spending around $1200 on intake, header, exhaust and you will have to sell them all when you go turbo.

So, I suggest you pick your path now- are you going f/i? or for basic boltons? The whole idea that the bolt-ons will "tide you over" until you get f/i is kind of silly, too- you are just wasting your money. Save up and get that boost.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
irv_usc said:
it's a lexus. everything is going to cost you

btw there is no chip for the is300
to be more precise, there are plenty of chips for the is300 (simple ebay search proves that), but none of them do anything. :lol:

yeah, and like irv said, everything is gonna cost a lot more for the lexus than for say, a honda or acura. just start saving now for the srt turbo.

EDIT: don't mean to say that srt's turbo is the only way to go, be sure to check out other options as well, to see if they fit your style better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts