Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been searching and havent been able to get much info. so this all starts when my friend told me i can send in my ecu and get it chipped/install a reflash on it. you know how they do it to hondas and eclipses and etc? so they basically tune your car for you without having to go threw all that e-manage stuff. have any of you done this ? or what do you guys use to tune your cars with? so far i just got megan headers, y pipe(from lextasy.com) their suppose to be pro 1 headers. and an injen intake. what direction should i go forward to? in the feature im looking toward a nos wet kit. let me know on your advice.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
no reflash available..

the questions are answered numerous times form the same question you have asked.

simple answer
tuning an NA setup either apexi SAFCs, emanage would be your best bet. you go do an emanage ultimate but thats most $$ and more tuning then you would need for basic NA tuning.

IS takes a lot of money for any power gains. its not your honda or eclipse.

best bang for you buck would be boost.. search for a while

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yhea but i dont want a safac cuz i cant do much with it.. is their like a special e manage i should be looking for. does anyone know any tuning places here in socal that are recommended and dont charge to much that will install it and tune ma car?

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
yhea but i dont want a safac cuz i cant do much with it..
safc is perfectly fine for a complete NA setup. plenty of us have SAFCs with I/H/E/cam gear/

how about you explain what your reachable goal is for IS performance.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok in the future all im really thinking about so far that i wana do is: buy a nos wet kit, when their are cams i wana upgrade, i really wana play around with my vvti to see the changes in power gains or power losses, and so far thats it for a while. later on i wana do some transmission upgrades also put on a lsd. but for the engine thats it for now. what do you think is my way to go as in tuning wise?

·
Registered
353 Posts
As far as messing with vvt-i, I think someone used a camcon unit, which can change vvt-i settings and they saw a 4hp increase. Your best bet would be a greddy e-manage ultimate or safc. The e-manage will give you some more hp than the safc but will cost more. The safc is really easy to tune and should be no longer than 1/2-1 hr tops if the tuner knows what he is doing. Safc gains will be ~10hp/10tq. E-manage gains ?? but you can also adjust timing and raised redline.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts