Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
7,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I met up with my best friend and took some pics of the car. He did a great job with it. I only have two pics so far but they came out great. His name is on the pictures and he's available to take pics of your cars as well. PM me if you think you'd be interested.

Since I did the whole "ghetto" do it yourself paint and install on the kit, I figured taking pics down in an area my mom grew up in, that's very blue collar and has that old skool, lowrider vibe to it, fit the bill nicely. Well it's different anyway.

UPDATED 4/30/2008
Included a couple of more shots Emil took. He didn't finish the processing on either of these but the still came out great. I really like the one titled "La tierra mía". It's too bad it was a little off...

Enjoy:

National Ave...

In the shade...

La tierra mía...he didn't finish the processing on this one b/c the color on the doors looked a little off. Must have been the lighting? Nevertheless, it's probably my favorite...

Full frontal...(minimal processing)

·
Registered
7,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know I was shocked too! He did an awesome job...

Anyway, the only thing is of course that they really show how badly I need a new set of wheels to finish the whole look of the car off... We're going to take more once I get the wheels.

·
Banned
3,243 Posts
best looking pics I have ever seen.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Those are sick pictures!

Any idea how he went about editing??

·
Registered
532 Posts
wow thoes are sick! wheels would give the car OMG status

·
Registered
7,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Those are sick pictures!

nope...lol! he's the expert so I let him have at it. I'm very happy with the results. Very artistic take. Unique. I just wish the car was done. It almost seems like the pics are too good for my car hahaha!

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Is the guy who did the editing on my.is? I'd love to figure out that Photoshop technique hahahaha

·
Registered
7,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Is the guy who did the editing on my.is? I'd love to figure out that Photoshop technique hahahaha
He hadn't heard of it until we did this whole thing but he's lurking now and again. I don't know if it's all photoshop. I mean it is a big part of it, but it's also the composition of the photo and the use of light etc. I mean out of about 30-40 shots these are the two he used so that says a lot right there. There were more I thought might be good as well, but he knows more about this sort of thing than I do and I trust his judgment. We have more ideas for future shoots so as I get them, I'll post the pics here.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Oh yeah you need to take into consideration the angle of the car and the lighting none the less... can you PM me his name on my.is or his e-mail? I want to ask him about it haha

·
Registered
161 Posts
Those are sick pictures!

For the 2nd pic at least...
Photoshop
Filter > Radial Blur > Zoom +50px or more with a nice layer mask around the outside of the car, some nicely placed lighting maybe a hue saturation layer and/or a levels adjustment layer.

Oh and a decent wide lens, 18mm or less, maybe fisheye?

Looks good, I'd love to take some photos with ya'll sometime, just gotta get another unobtanium TRD TF2 rim to replace the one I wrecked in Feb.

·
Registered
7,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
For the 2nd pic at least...
Photoshop
Filter > Radial Blur > Zoom +50px or more with a nice layer mask around the outside of the car, some nicely placed lighting maybe a hue saturation layer and/or a levels adjustment layer.

Oh and a decent wide lens, 18mm or less, maybe fisheye?

Looks good, I'd love to take some photos with ya'll sometime, just gotta get another unobtanium TRD TF2 rim to replace the one I wrecked in Feb.
i'll have to look your car up in search to check it out. As far as the technical points you made, I have no idea. It's too bad he couldn't get a good front shot to use or a side shot but the flash kind of killed them I think. We'll try again soon I hope...

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
cool pics, can wait to see in it person on friday.

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
THe pics turned out great! Your car, is it TCM or MSM? Looks a lil hard to tell from the photo work. Looks great though!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts