Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man I hate driving in this weather. This morning on the way to work a snow plow/salt truck decided to salt a perfectly dry highway. Now my week old SB IS300 has paint chips on the bonet. Then on the way home my car was sliding all over the place because those damn snow plows are nowhere to be seen. Anyone else had any experience driving in this evenings snow storm in chicago?

------------------

·
Registered
418 Posts
Well, I must admit last night was lousy for driving even with snow tires. Every vehicle I saw was slipping and sliding. It's funny you mention the plows, cause they were nowhere to be seen, compared to the morning rush...
The snow appeared to be the fluffy stuff, which makes it really bad to achieve some decent traction...well the best thing is to leave before the rush home....did you ask for touch up paint from your Lexus dealer?? I figure by the time this is all over, it is going to come in handy. Also, I try to keep an eye out for those plows, and take evasive action...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Hek,
I'll probably take the car to a detailing shop and have them buff the dings out. If I put touch up paint on you'd be able to see the spots because they would stick out. Do you know of any good detailing shops that do reliable work around here?

MAmornIS,
I took me 3 1/2 hours to get home from Des Plaines last night. It sucked!!!

·
Registered
418 Posts
There is a dent repair place right off ogden by (across the street actually, do not recall street name) the Mobil gas station.. just east of the intersection where Ogden goes south and north aurora goes west (by the dominicks & balleys health Club/strip mall)... Also, next door to Bill jacobs BMW is Birholz Dejong Body werks, which is a body shop that does some detail work. these guys are very good, but pricey....When I had my BMW, they did some high quality work, but charged accordingly...

·
Registered
666 Posts
Get ready Chicago area folks...it's supposed to snow again tonight, Friday night!!!

Also heard that snow is predicted for next Monday and Wednesday.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey wazzup...do you have any pics of your car with the sport valores on? I wanna get those with the dunlop graspics ds-1.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
6 Participants
Rberga1
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing