Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought it was cool...
I know this was posted a while back, but here's some official info.

http://www.rotora.com

>PRODUCT PRESS RELEASE: 12/04/03
>(Industry, CA.) Rotora announces the following list of high performance brake system applications for immediate release:
4-WHEEL BIG BRAKE KIT:
6-PISTON FRONT CALIPER, 4-PISTON REAR CALIPER, 2-PIECE SYSTEM FRONT AND REAR 355X32MM OVERSIZE CROSS-DRILLED AND SLOTTED DISC, ROTORA HIGH-CERAMIC RACE PADS, STAINLESS STEEL BRAKE LINES, AND CARBON STEEL (SC45) MOUNT BRACKET
LEXUS GS300/400/430 1993-03
LEXUS IS300 2000-03
LEXUS SC430 2002-03
FRONT LIST: $2,795.00
REAR LIST: $2,295.00

that is all.

·
Registered
18,524 Posts
damn....insane prices! :eek:

i'm sure glad I got my rotora BBK from carson toyota back end of the summer....
4 piston calipers, the 6 piston are just so outrageously not neccesary....

they are a great set up..i'm happy I went with them over stop tech or brembo....Rotora makes a damn good product...

·
Virgin Magnet
8,553 Posts
thats not a bad price for a 6 pot. but i agree its vast overkill, especially for the street, but thats why we live in america 8)

i would be willing to bet this kit is more for trackuse than anything else

·
Registered
69 Posts
sadly from what i read most of these kits suck on track other then brembo's

somguy2u said:
thats not a bad price for a 6 pot. but i agree its vast overkill, especially for the street, but thats why we live in america 8)

·
Virgin Magnet
8,553 Posts
i wouldn't count all of them out, but i would like to see some test data about stopping distance reduction. the problem that i think most peopel run into is durability.

·
Registered
18,524 Posts
going4boost said:
sadly from what i read most of these kits suck on track other then brembo's

somguy2u said:

mine work well on the track from plenty of experiance with them...stopping after 1/4 drag races.....however, my trap speeds get only up to 91 MPH.....stopping is always smooth as silk....
8)

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
CharlieD06 said:
Why? This car will be pushing 600RWHP Daily/800+RWHP RaceGas when done, I just thought the 2 extra pistons would help a bit.
stick said:
CharlieD06 said:
NICE!!!

I might get these for the project car over the PLP 4wheel BBK.

Go with the PLP.
If you are serious about braking, then get the PLP (which is actually StopTech) four wheel kit. The two wheel kit was rated #2, under the Brembo Gran Turismo two wheel kit, and the Brembo don't come as a four wheel kit. 355x32/4 piston calipers--you will be happy with the kit. Just find a wheel that will clear the caliper.

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
stick said:
CharlieD06 said:
Why? This car will be pushing 600RWHP Daily/800+RWHP RaceGas when done, I just thought the 2 extra pistons would help a bit.
stick said:
CharlieD06 said:
NICE!!!

I might get these for the project car over the PLP 4wheel BBK.

Go with the PLP.
If you are serious about braking, then get the PLP (which is actually StopTech) four wheel kit. The two wheel kit was rated #2, under the Brembo Gran Turismo two wheel kit, and the Brembo don't come as a four wheel kit. 355x32/4 piston calipers--you will be happy with the kit. Just find a wheel that will clear the caliper.

Yes, if you're boosted big time, it will help to slow it down dramatically. StopTechs :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts