Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, my continuing saga.....

Car I want Invoice: $30956 (this is what the dealer told me)

I offered: $31900 + tax
I would also pay two gh3y fees:
PDI (predeliveryinspection): $350
Dealer handling: $300

The dealer took a day to think about it and gets back to me with:

$33,200 + all those fvckin' gh3y fees.

WTF am I doing wrong here? If you tally in the dealer holdback of $610, they are getting close to $2800 profit? Is there something that I am missing or not understanding?

Can someone pls explain to me what is going on???????

This is Colorado...these cars can't be selling that great in a state where SUV's rule. I have seen 5 IS's in 8 months!!! Yet the dealership speaks like they are selling like hot cakes. There is one other dealership that I have not been too. I am going this Saturday.

Any Advice appreciated!

·
Registered
571 Posts
call around and get several quotes from dealers in and out of state. You can't believe how much they compete with each other.

when I bought my 330i, I just told my local dealership that the BMW dealership in the next town offered me this price. Next thing you know, they better that deal and I'm signing the papers.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you are right vvip,....thats what I am going to do this sunday.

i haven't mentioned a word at this current dealership that i am even considering buying from other places.

time to start the bidding war.

ugh hate this crap.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Which dealership did you go to? I got my IS from Kuni Lexus. Their invoice price was around 31,000 including some bs fees. Since there are only 2 dealerships in state, deals are harder to come by. I did get a pretty good deal, however this was when the $1000 rebate was in effect.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
King,
I went to Stevison....close to work

I am going to Kuni this weekend, haven't gone yet.

What was your experience like at Kuni? Sounds like you had to pay the extra fees like Stevinson is telling me.

What was your final price? What options?

Damn, I didn't know about the rebate until the other day. Wish I hadn't missed that.

·
Registered
68 Posts
You have said it "...the car I want...". Not all dealers have the car that you want. If that is the case, the deal is going to be hard to come down. Buy the car that they have the most in the lot and you can probablt get better deal.

Good luck!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
amei_fan, you are right. they said that if I chose black interior over ivory, they would give me a better deal. thats bull**** in my book.

anyways, I am 30, saved my hard earned money, and this is my first new car. I really want to get what I want, instead of getting something "I could live with".

You do bring up a good point though....

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Originally posted by arc300:
I would also pay two gh3y fees:
PDI (predeliveryinspection): $350
Dealer handling: $300
Holy mother of Moses. That $350 predelivery crap is a joke...don't pay it. And that dealer handling is excessive...I paid $180, and that was middle of the road compared to other quotes where I got them to remove that altogether. Write/call some other dealers and tell them you're going to buy on a specified date, and the best quote gets the deal. You'll be shocked how the prices start to fall, and how the fees suddently disappear.

$33.2k is a joke. Have you considered shipping from another area. Atlanta has some great deals. I know a dealer here that would be willing to compete. Send me a personal message if you're interested.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
No doubt d00d, all those fees and crap... Thats BS... I paid 34.5K out the door for mine fully loaded (xcept that ugly piping crap on the seats. No offense anyone
)
I definetly would drive out of state to buy my car if there were only 2 dealerships in my state

·
Registered
98 Posts
Lexus of Westminster California was claiming $29,998 for loaded 2001 online, maybe try and call them and ask for the "Online FLEET people" and see what they can do.

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
Originally posted by pierceman:
Lexus of Westminster California was claiming $29,998 for loaded 2001 online, maybe try and call them and ask for the "Online FLEET people" and see what they can do.

When was this????

Is the price still up? where did u see it??

Link me.... i will buy right now for that!

·
Registered
120 Posts
DON"T FORGET— If you buy a car from a Calif. dealer you're gonna pay SALES TAX if you drive the ccar off the dealership, even if you are going to register it out of state!!! You can get around this by having it shipped to your state by common carrier. If you're going to do it that way you will need a certificate of origination from Lexus and that took me 3 weeks to get.

hope this clears up some red tape .
steve

·
Registered
37 Posts
Arc,

The fees should be included in that invoice price of $30,900 for a fully loaded IS. Edmunds says that it should be $30,500. Why don't you show them the Edmunds TMV info? I got a fully loaded SBM IS for $31,500. I didn't know about the $1000 rebate at the time, or I would have bargained harder. Kuni Lexus didn't want me to tell of the deal that I got. You probably won't be able to get that good of a deal now, but don't accept 33.2k + fees.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Everyone here has been more than helpful! Thanks a ton. Thanks for letting me vent, and for giving me advice. They really make it seem that those extra fees are non-negotiable.

I will call around and do a bit more research. Didn't want this to turn into a bidding war, but thats the way its heading.

I will continue to post my results.

Thanks again,
Arc/Rob

PS> That is a good deal Kingbud
Lucky you!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts