Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
check light engine went on after i hit a ramp at 50mph. Never happened before, early in the day ran over a pot hole on the road and came home turn off the engine and forgot to put in park.
Please pm me let me know what happen.
Im a noobie at this.
Thank you for your time.

·
Super Moderator
7,863 Posts
check light engine went on after i hit a ramp at 50mph. Never happened before, early in the day ran over a pot hole on the road and came home turn off the engine and forgot to put in park.
Please pm me let me know what happen.
Im a noobie at this.
Thank you for your time.
Easy to find out ....have it scanned with an OBD II scanner to see what the code is..Autozone and some parts stores will scan it for free unless you know someone who has one ....

·
Registered
359 Posts
hopefully the auto-zone near u still allows an obdII scan or to loan one. I went there recently to ask for one and they said no. supposedly they recently got sued for giving the wrong diagnosis or something.
I'd ask for just the code then, not a diagnosis. If that is wrong then they can sue the OBDII scanner company... I went just yesterday to an Autozone and they scanned my car and gave me the codes..

·
Super Moderator
7,863 Posts
hopefully the auto-zone near u still allows an obdII scan or to loan one. I went there recently to ask for one and they said no. supposedly they recently got sued for giving the wrong diagnosis or something.
They still have them ...they are getting sued over erasing the codes...they no longer do that but they will scan it for you and give you the codes...

·
Registered
359 Posts
Really, I was denied anything dealing with the obdII. well at least I'm having my car scan from a friend this weekend so it all works out
Yeah, weird that they denied you... And I'm going to end up getting an OBDII scanner myself anyways... they aren't too much I beleive. GL with your CEL's

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.