Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last month my check engine light lit up while I was driving. The next day went to Advance auto and pulled the code. It was P0141, which is malfunc. heated sensor on bank 1 sensor 2.

After getting all the tools and part, two weeks ago I changed it w/ a brand new o2 sensor from Sewell Lexus and all problem fixed.

Last night when I was driving to work, it lit up again. So I was thinking it was the other o2 sensor (bank 2 sensor 2), which known to be out at the same time with bank 1 sensor 2.

So today I went to Advance again trying to get the obd-II code, and to my surprise it is not P0161 or bank 2 sensor 2, INSTEAD its P0141, which the o2 that I changed 2 weeks ago.
I cleared the code (pulled the battery) but it came on again not long after that.

Does anyone know what's wrong? I don't think the new o2 sensor is defective right?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Same thing happened to me! I replaced my B1S2 sensor after gettin p0141 CEL, but the same code came back on the next day!

I think they sold me some generic brand o2 sensor on ebay. It said it was denso in the description but nowhere on the part itself... So let that be a lesson for everyone :(

I've heard some success stories about adding a resistor to the heating circuit in the off-brand sensors to match the resistance of the factory sensor, so I will look into that b4 buying another one. I really hope I didn't just waste $52 lol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts