Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, this is the third time I'll be bringing my car in for servicing on this same issue
The car runs fine, but these lights suddenly appear and won't go off
This is the only problem I've had with my car, and I'd certainly like to get this fixed!

·
8,880 Posts
Is the car in its stock form?

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I know what the problem is. have you been f***** around with your throttle body or the black throttle body sensor on the front of it ? it has two screws vertically aligned and if you mess with those EVEN A LIL it says check engine and your trac light pops up. i know from experience. the screws are marked with some white paint for they are supposed to be aligned. if you do moves those screws it VOIDS YOUR WARRENTY IN FULL so what you HAVE TO do is make sure you didn't strip the screws or anything so that they can tell...

hopefully this is the problem. if not...it was fun typing!

·
Registered
108 Posts
I had the same problem about a month ago. Ther told me it was a speed sensor problem. They fixed it no problem but if this is your third time brining the car in for the same problem try to see if your state has a lemon law and just ask for a new car or a 02.

It happened once again but when I got home and turned the car off and on again it went away.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, my car is bone stock, except for tinting on the windows. The my service guy said that my "check engine" light went on due to lint or debris in the VVT-i system. They checked it out, but no problems with it. Apparently, the car's computer didn't log any problems with the TRAC OFF light flashing, and everything else checked out okay.

One alarming problem: on the way to the dealership this morning, the car suddenly started idling really roughly at a stoplight, then died on me. After I started the engine again, no further problems except for the flashing light and "check engine" indicator...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll ask the dealer if the speed sensor has anything to do with it.

Good 92 octane gas? Not sure if it's "good", but I had been using Tesoro until recently. Just started using Shell instead, since a friend had pinging problems in his MR2 from using Tesoro...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What kind of gas are you using? I used to use Union 76, but I guess they're not around any longer?

·
8,880 Posts
It could be a faulty Trac Control Unit.
Have you done the update?
Maybe, one of the connectors came out.
Try removing and putting them back (there are 4.)
Trac control unit is located next to the Brake pedal.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
vlad_a & serch...thank you for the tips. I will let the service people know, since the car is in the shop (again) This is getting really frustrating!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
6 Participants
My S300
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing