Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im driving along today and I go to hit the gas, nothing. The throttle pedal drops 3/4 of the way to the floor before it gives it any gas. The CEL is on and the Trac Off light is flashing. I can reset the ECU and the car is fine but it comes back after a few minutes. What the hell could cause this? I searched alot and couldnt find anything remotely like this.

Keep in mind ive been spraying a 100 shot venom kit sporatically. However my car has not been running lean while on the shot. Could I have done engine damage? To my knowledge I dont thikn so. I was thinking maybe my stock plugs are melted and this caused it? However I know alot of people run 100 shot on stock plugs with no problem.

Would really appreciate some insight. im going to get the codes read tomorrow but id like some opinions.

·
Registered
361 Posts
i don't think the prob is in the engine, check for a faulty abs/speed sensor at the rear wheels. also try to turn off the trac and see if the prob comes back. just throwing out some ideas.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
xjayx300 v2.5 said:
you fucked up; you know that don't you?
What great advice. Never ceases to amaze me about this message board though. Just so you know GTE and I have pinpointed the problem and it seems to be the Venom computer is bad. Shit I guess thats my fault.

Car is running fine with the venom computer disconnected. Moron.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Updates: Seems the TPS sensor connection was on the fritz, somehow making the car flip out. Very odd problem if you ask me. Redid the connection and everything is working fine. Im thinking maybe the path of the TPS sensor wire was getting interference from another part of the electrical system or motor causing it to flip out the car's ECU. Either that or the venom computer creates some kind of electrical noise and the Lexus computer is sensitive to that.

Either way I had sprayed about 10 bottles until this happened. I was curious to see if i damaged anything or was doing alot of unneccessary wear and tear. Had the motor and plugs checked out this morning, they are as good as new. Seems 100 shot on stock plugs has no issues as of yet. Ill keep you guys posted.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Updates: Seems the TPS sensor connection was on the fritz, somehow making the car flip out. Very odd problem if you ask me. Redid the connection and everything is working fine. Im thinking maybe the path of the TPS sensor wire was getting interference from another part of the electrical system or motor causing it to flip out the car's ECU. Either that or the venom computer creates some kind of electrical noise and the Lexus computer is sensitive to that.

Either way I had sprayed about 10 bottles until this happened. I was curious to see if i damaged anything or was doing alot of unneccessary wear and tear. Had the motor and plugs checked out this morning, they are as good as new. Seems 100 shot on stock plugs has no issues as of yet. Ill keep you guys posted.

·
Registered
218 Posts
xjayx300 v2.5 said:
you fucked up; you know that don't you?
why don't you keep this kind of immature comments to yourself? :roll:

To theorem

It is nice to hear that you have solved your car troubles.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts