Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for context: I just bought a 2012 Lexus IS350, 104890 miles. It was a late night in a empty highway so I decided to see how fast my car could get.

it got up to my surprise above 150mph, which I didn’t belive it could do. The Dash light turned red over 100mph, I’m not sure if that just is for speed or if it indicated damage or some sort.
Then out of no where my cars traction control disengages and the car brakes, I slow to 130 or so and cannot engage the accelerator.
I slow back down to 70 and I regain control of the pedal.
I speed up again to see what happend and when it hits around 130 it slows down again, this time I lose the ability to accelerate above 100mph, and my engine seems to be rattling when accelerating.
Fearing engine knock I slowed to a stop and started my car again. It seemed fine but did not go over 60mpu fearing damage to my car.
While it was rattling the check engine light was blinking. After starting again it has disappeared.

snyone have any idea what could of happend? I plan on calling the dealership tommorow as I just brought it back.

· Registered
2002 Lexus IS300
2,422 Posts
For context: I just bought a 2012 Lexus IS350, 104890 miles. It was a late night in an empty highway so I decided to see how fast my car could get.

…I speed up again to see what happened and when it hits around 130 it slows down
This is the problem…

1 - 3 of 3 Posts