Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so heres the deal-

my car has been making this clicking noise for a while now. when im at idle its sounds fine, but when i accelerate from a complete stop, i hear a clicking in the begining of first gear, and it goes away after i hit 2nd, 3rd, and so on.. i hear it comming from my glove box, or in the intake part of the engine bay.i think it has something to do with intake or something.. agian its been like that for a while, and no proplems, no check engine light or anything..

but just a few days ago my check engine light just came up. i've noticed that the valvs sound a little bit louder lately, and my engine just doesn't sound like it usually does. does anyone know how to get the check engine codes? please, any advice would help. i plan on taking in to the dealer but its MAD expensive!! does anyone know a place that can diagnose my car for a more cheaper price?

also, my 90k maintenence service is comming up soon. that means timing blet time. does anyone know a place that does timing belts with quality but for less than the dealer? the quote i got was something like 2300 or something like that for the dealer.

thank you all in advance.

ps, sorry for the bad spelling. me gramar and spellin is not gud =p

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
the clicking would be relays behind the glove box. Reset the ecu and see if the CEL comes back. Valves may need adjusting.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts