·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i figured it was probably crap. I wasnt really planning on turbo since my car has high mileage (125,000). Just thought this might be something to look at but i guess the phrase you get what you pay for comes into effect here haha.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
There are two things about this kit that makes me trust it more than anything else I've ever encountered in the scope of my life:

1.) The company name is "I'LOVEIL TACO TACO"

AND

2.) There is a Mexican flag pasted next to the company's logo.

Nah, but seriously man. Take it from me. Don't even consider a kit like this.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
yea i figured it was probably crap. I wasnt really planning on turbo since my car has high mileage (125,000). Just thought this might be something to look at but i guess the phrase you get what you pay for comes into effect here haha.
Im starting to think, the same person who posted the same exact thread a long ass time ago is just creating new accounts over and over again and re-creating :lol::lol:

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I wish car modification parts for sale was banned on eBay.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
if boost was as simple as this, everybody would be boosted, i have said it time and time again, and yes you can quote me

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
That kit's perfectly fine. Get some good engine management, and put some white grease on the wastegate. Most of the people who talk about how bad these kits are are people who have never owned one. Talk to someone that owns an XS power kit and see what they say.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
If you want, ditch the wastegate, turbocharger and BOV that come with it. Invest in a quality fuel and engine management system and you will have a decent kit. Otherwise, I would not touch it with a 10' stick

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
That kit's perfectly fine. Get some good engine management, and put some white grease on the wastegate. Most of the people who talk about how bad these kits are are people who have never owned one. Talk to someone that owns an XS power kit and see what they say.
I run the xs power kit, it works great, and I still would never buy this kit. Then again, I would never buy a straight up xs kit off the internet, either. The only reason there is one on mine is b/c Mr. Hellstern drifted an entire season with it and I was curious about whether or not all the criticism was founded.

·
13,727 Posts
Not sure if you guys realize this or not but it is the same kit as the XS power one. Actually better.

ILovetacotaco actually includes a bolt on intercooler kit unlike the XS power one. People have been asking XS Power for that for years and Mark acts like it is impossible to even do it. Look at the pics, they show an IS300 with it installed. I even wrote Ilovetacotaco with questions about it and they said the piping was bolt on, short of relocating the ABS block which you have to do for every kit that doesnt come with the older log style manifold.

Personally I would rather get this kit just for that fact alone. The rest of the parts are the same. You are gonna spend $1750 for the XS kit or $1000 for this one. Take the extra money you save and upgrade a few parts and buy some good engine management.

·
Banned
4,149 Posts
the only good parts about this kit would be the pipes and exhaust manifold.
replace the turbo, wastegate, BOV, pick up a decent fuel management system, headgasket.
in all honesty intercoolers are all about brand name these days.
they all do the EXACT same thing. theres no new technology that makes one companies IC's superior to others.
so like the person above i would go with this kit and replace their shitty parts with better quality parts since those are the ones that make a difference.

·
Registered
302 Posts
in all honesty intercoolers are all about brand name these days.
they all do the EXACT same thing. theres no new technology that makes one companies IC's superior to others.
i dont think that is so true:confused:, shapes and materials make a difference. seems there were a few treads not too long ago comparing cooling temp from ebay to brand name. and there was an improvement with the tested brand name.

·
Banned
4,149 Posts
i dont think that is so true:confused:, shapes and materials make a difference. seems there were a few treads not too long ago comparing cooling temp from ebay to brand name. and there was an improvement with the tested brand name.
shapes you can easily find a duplicate, materials are the same.
its just a matter of searching hard enough.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.