Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone trucked IS or any car from so cal to oregon?
My friend got a great price on IS from this so cal dealer and wants to truck it to oregon in order to avoid sales tax. the dealer charges $800 to truck it, and he wants to know if he can get it for cheaper with someone else. Thanks a lot guys.

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
Has anyone trucked IS or any car from so cal to oregon?
My friend got a great price on IS from this so cal dealer and wants to truck it to oregon in order to avoid sales tax. the dealer charges $800 to truck it, and he wants to know if he can get it for cheaper with someone else. Thanks a lot guys.
DASAutoShippers.com

For me, it was $875 port to port (Carson, CA to Fort Lauderdale, FL) for a Toyota Sequoia.

I don't know Oregon's rules, but even if you buy a car in another state you usually have to pay your states sales tax on it when you register it.

·
11,061 Posts
Try Selland Auto Transport, Inc. (one of my clients)

Richmond, CA (510) 233-8849
Portland, OR (503) 247-9476

or main office in Seattle (206) 767-5960.

They do haul for Lexus up here...

I think the only way to avoid the sales tax is to have the CA dealer sell the car to the OR dealer...and they you buy it from the OR dealer. The catch is that you have to register the car somewhere right away...I don't know how that works. I know WA has that "fixed" so you can't buy in Oregon and register in WA without paying tax.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts