Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do u guys think the interior looks pretty cheap on the pictures that I see in this forum? Just like the new Toyota Celica, looks good on the outside, but cheap interior on the inside...

Please gives opinion about this.
Thanks

·
Registered
77 Posts
Some of the styling cues definitely remind me of Celica (particularly the pedals, which I think look cool). And the car seems more "plastic happy" than other Lexus cars. The stereo looks cheap, too. Then again, its nearest competitor, BMW 3-series, is probably even more "plastic happy."

But, I really dig the dash, and its titanium-like interior finish further distinguish the vehicle from Celica and BMW 3-series.

I would like to see leather/suede and luxury package side-by-side. I am not a big fan of wood on a car like this, but on Audi, wood looks pretty good. And I am curious about the dash. The luxury package is supposed to come with slightly different dash.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Personally, I like the interior a lot. I've been in it at the NY autoshow and I like it. It looks like a sculpted piece of modern deco art with the hard lines, ribs, and ovals. It breaks the everyday run of the mill designs you see time and time again in all cars. It's no Picasso, but it's getting there. The lines are poetry.

Some people dislike the hard plastic instead of that soft to touch dash stuff. Seriously though, how often do you massage your dash? I don't.

I haven't been inside the Celica, but I don't like the way the car's exterior was designed. Too pokemonish for me.

[This message has been edited by P.Bear (edited May 24, 2000).]

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Other than the interior dash that looks like "plastic happy", i think the seat looks really cheap especially the seat, just like a Corolla cloth seat. I got this impression (again) from the pictures in this forum (page 4, i think).

i haven't see the leather yet, but except for the cool speedometer and titanium trim,i think everything else will look just like a civic interior with leather (have u seen civic with leather? i have and i use that as a reference for the IS300).

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Some of you are high. The inside is very cool. It certainly does not look like a dang Civic or Celica. It sounds like some of you are trying to downgrade this car so you feel better about not being able to afford it. Sorry if that's harsh, but get with the program.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Okay Brad, your an idiot... what the hell is wrong with you? Granted, the speedometer and shifter and pedals are cool... WHAT ELSE IS THERE THATS GOOD.... the rest looks like garbage coming from some GM car. Do you REALLY find the good? Go buy a civic si.. and rebadge as lexus... thats what you want anyhow.. isn't it
?

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
yukaducksmeushistutufashi,
Why don't we all count how many idiots there are in a few short months after the sales figures come in, ding dong. Have you seen this car in person? I tend to doubt it because it exudes style and class. I'm not sportin' wood b/c there's a Lexus badge on the hood. My guess is that you have plenty of time on your hands and surfed your way in here. Am I wrong? You also probably like lots of stickers and Folger can exhaust kits. Right? Please. This is a grown up car and you don't seem to recognize the obvious departure from Kiddyville. Go see one for yourself and if the salesman lets your jokerass drive one tell me the Civic is its equal.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Unless you've had a chance to sit in the car, don't judge it just yet. I've sat in one, and its pretty nice, with the leather and suede-like material. It does have too much plastic on the dash, but the components are integrated very nicely, from the chrono down to the 6 disc to the ashtray. The package looks very slick. You'll really like the seats, more like race seats but very comfortable.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
You're no slouch, Kim.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
okay brad... unlike you... i have been here for a VERY long time.. i just never really bothered to respond and reply much... as for what you said about me? No actually i don't ... i like refinement in a car, with a nice twist of sport... say... an S4??!... oh thatz right... i forgot.. that has stickers all over it and a Folger can exhaust kit... right... and also... yes i have sat in it. NY AUTO SHOW... yeah... okay... its comfortable... but get real... it has no refinement what so ever... show me some things that display luxury in that car... thats insane how you try to signify that this car is better than all the BMW 328's and all that... How long has 328 been out there... and how much experience have the 328's had? Okay... true the Altezza has been out there.. but not for a long time. Another thing... 328 IS about LUXURY AND SPORT. The interior and dash console and everything is all luxury, yet it has suspension and handling like a sports car. Thats the true meaning of a Luxury Sports sedan. If you don't believe thats what it is, then why is LEXUS slating this car against A4 and 328? .. okay then...

P.S. By the way, if this IS an adult car, then the interior should be more adult. All of the other lexus cars and luxury cars for that matter, don't really use cheap $hit plastic and things for the inside. They use leather. Also, I think you have plenty on time on your hands... it seems to me that every two seconds you respond to someones' query. you are ALWAYS on this site. You have no life whatsoever, and you are telling me i have a lot of time on my hands? Get real.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
... okay... and Kim.. why don't you just get with him already... or maybe you already are... jeez.. stop flirtin with each other... get it over with and bang it.

·
Registered
994 Posts
What is it about a 328's interior that makes it more refined than that of the IS ? I see just as much plastic as in the IS.

I seem to recall some review stating that the IS's ride was very smooth.

--k

·
Registered
226 Posts
Why all of the sudden are there so many FOB's on this forum. Dou mai mai to all you idiots that are dissen the car, go to your rice rocket forum and write on there, dont waste my eyes reading this crap.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Yoguwhateveryournameis, don't worry about what me and Brad are doing ok. If you don't like the IS and think the 328 is better, take your a$$ to bimmer.org. I'm sure they would love you over there. The IS300 hasn't even gotten a chance to prove itself in the US market and already you're dissing it. You're like those other Bimmer enthusiasts who feel threatened cause Lexus is breathing down their neck. It's about time someone entered this segment to take on the 3 series BESIDES Audi. Give me a break. And, uhh, BMW uses plastic crap on their dash too. And you can't beat Lexus' reliability and the standard equipment offered on the IS. Try adding the same options (including automatic) to the 328 and tell me who has the better deal. The IS is a worthy competitor to the 3 series and I Lexus will probably continue it for a long time coming.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Yogibearhidingbehindtheinternetchildsumding,
Don't try to insinuate that you drive an S4 b/c if you did you would more than likely show more respect and appreciation for a newcomer to this bracket. And if you do drive an S4 it was given to you by your folks; your youth and brattiness is all too clear. Can you think of a time when Lexus has not made a successful segue into any bracket they have entered?
S class and 7 series
5 series
Range Rover vs LX
RX 300 vs hmmm, New bracket.
SC (own niche)
I don't have blinders for this car. I have driven the A4 and C class and 3. They are all nice cars. Funny how most members of this board don't spend much time TRASHING those cars, when, quite candidly, we could very easily with selected facts. You'll have a much more difficult time attacking this car when it hits the streets. As for me getting a life, well, mine's exciting enough, and BTW, I believe Kim and I have already found a significant other. It's guys like you that I hate having to type back and forth with; it would be so much easier to clear this up in person. But then again, you probably derive your balls from your secret computer den.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
nice one brad... real mature.. say something in Vietnamese that I can't understand. Whatever...and also, I'm a FOB? Whose the one thatz speaking Vietnamese when your in the U.S.??? Hipocritical. All you are is egotistical and self-righteous. You are so into your self that you don't even bother to support your own feelings towards the car with REAL Proof. how many things have i said in the last reply that you didn't answer... EXACTLY MY POINT... such as ... what hint of luxury is in there? Yeah I'm sure... my S4 really looks like a rice rocket huh. RIIIGHT... I'm sure... listen..You resort to such devious means to win an argument, you try to mess with the Person. You don't support it with any facts. Whutz wrong with you.... DO YOU EVEN LOOK AT REPLIES? OKay... AGAIN... i have been here longer than you... I put a deposit on the car last october. You THINK your all that, but your not. I am not asking exceptance from you... I have already been excepted..... maybe itz just that your pissed off becuz you just lost the argument. What the hell are you smoking...

KIM - yeah, okay... your giving reasons why the IS300 is better than the BMW... or maybe even Audi. But, I am talking about interior. Is this thread not called Cheap Interior? Thatz what i thought. Tell me what the IS300 signifies as luxury, other than that nicely shaped L in the Front and back of the car?

1 - 20 of 85 Posts
About this Discussion
84 Replies
25 Participants
brad
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing