Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
if you want cheap i think you should just get an older pioneer/alpine/kenwood in-dash navi, cheap brands like that doesnt nearly look as clean and the reliablility of them is another topic
just like most other aftermarket parts for our cars, you get what you pay for

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
one plus to them at least it wont cost you an arm and a leg to replace it "WHEN" it goes bad.
also looking at the website there almost the same price as some of the new pioneers when you order them online.

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
eclipse avn6620 +amazon.com.

/thread

penis.

·
Registered
42 Posts
As an MECP installer, I get a lot of people who order these cheap units who need me to troubleshoot, or test the unit. IMO, they aren't made to the quality of most. I would, and have, go with used older units to save money.

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
I agree with his statement. car audio is one of the only area's on my car where everything has to be name brand. cheap audio is cheap for a reason.

·
Premium Member
20,996 Posts
I agree with his statement. car audio is one of the only area's on my car where everything has to be name brand. cheap audio is cheap for a reason.
id rather cheap out on audio than brakes, susp, motor, wheels, etc lol

·
Premium Member
11,898 Posts
I disagree to a point. Stereo Integrity and Sundown are cheap but they dont suck.

anything else i agree

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
sundown and SI are both expensive when compared to mtx, audiobahn, memphis, hifonix and the other huge dose of bullshit most people end up buying.

allen, I never said i cheaped out on the other stuff, but i am saying that I'm not a brand whore on some none crucial parts. i look at the quality of the part, not the name.

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
only sucky part about eclipse is going to be their customer service.
rumor has it there shutting down. but they will be maintaining their warranty.

oh and thanks for droppin the big Penis.. lol
thats no rumour, eclipse USA is gone. only the european and japanese markets exist. the main problem i have is there will no longer be nav updates. the latest map disk is only current as of december 2009, there are no more planned updates.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
the only issue i have with cheap decks/indash's is the fact that they get cheap by leaving things out. they might last a long time but youll loose out typically on picture quality and sound quality. from an install point when you install all the time you will start to notice little things from the quality of the buttons to the quality of wire. and when you start out with cheap items you never know what you are missing.
now some name brands are not always the best either ie. pioneers f700 and f900 suck.....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.