Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
there it is on my car..not perfectly mounted but does the job for me...got tired of fix it tickets

·
Registered
524 Posts
Humm i would have just put it in the window, but to each his own.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh its ok to the side i had chp verify it for me...and i wouldnt have it in the window cuz if you get into an accident then what goes flying at the passengers neck at X miles an hour?

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
Humm i would have just put it in the window, but to each his own.
i think thats the most stupid idea ive ever heard.

when you brake hard your license plate will act like a guillotine for your passenger

·
Domestic Reaper
3,025 Posts
I think its a great alternative and thanks for sharing. If i ever have to put a plate on my front (gotta love ohio) then i may do something like thise. Post up parts needed and possibly a procedure. Im sur ei could figure it out but a guide wouldn't hurt anyone :)

·
Registered
796 Posts
Wait, wont it be accelerating hard?
Exactly, it would only come at a passenger if you are going from a lower speed to higher unless you are in reverse real fast then brake . . . LOL
Glad I live in FL and dont need a front plate, i guess it looks good but none would be better

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
all you need is a piece of aluminum from HOME DEPOT...and i cut it out in the shape of my acura rsx plate relocator...

·
Boostin in the 505
2,242 Posts
Exactly, it would only come at a passenger if you are going from a lower speed to higher unless you are in reverse real fast then brake . . . LOL
Glad I live in FL and dont need a front plate, i guess it looks good but none would be better
You would need to worry about this if you were rearended hard! There have been cases of kleanx tissue boxes killing people when they become airborne inside the car at 50-80mph!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts