Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, as the title states im looking for an insurance company thats cheap, but for me the full coverage and being 18, is around 4G's? is that correct? anyone have any experience with lower and cheaper insurance company's as well as cost being around the 2K area?

its so frustrating..to find my insurance is so much when i found the best deal but makes me me not want an is300 anymore =(

·
Registered
346 Posts
Whats up Chronics? $4,000 for full coverage and how long does this coverage last?! This is most definently bannanas because out of all my friends (Whom who are ages 16-21, I'm 19.5 years old by the way and been liscensed since I was 18, no accdients or tickets) and I have the most expensive insurance policy out of them. I have full coverage from State Farm, one of the best, and they are quoting me $1,100 for 6 months for my 2002 Lexus is300. 400$ difference when I was driving my older car, the 1998 Toyota Avalon. It's $1,100 for full coverage with a lot of discounts such as good student discount and multi-line discount. But in no way should yours be 4,000$, no one has that kind of coverage, what company are you with? Even if you had tickets and accidents on your record, they would just drop you because you cost more than what you paid in for.

My best bet, since you are in Southern California, is Wawaneesa. A couple of my friends have them and they tell me it's cheap. My friend whom is 16 years old, first year driver, drives a Honda Civic SI coupe, of course that's expensive period because it's a 2 door coupe, sports, highly-theft car, and he's a minor.....he gets full coverage for only $800/year. This is banannas though, because mine was $735/6 months with the Toyota Avalon, a 4 door sedan and I am an adult. Some insurance companies have better stuff though, like lower deductible or will cover you more with liability. Say if you kill someone in an accident, some or most cheap insurance companies will cover you with the state minimum, $25,000. So if their family sues you, they have to ONLY help you out with $25,000 and you have to pay the rest, which is A LOT of money. But State Farm, the one I have, they cover me up to $300,000, that's why my insurance is more expensive.

But to think of it, what are the chances of you getting into an accident, getting your car broken into, or what not? I rather play it safe, I'm going to drop $1,100 on this quote because my car is precious to me. If someone broke into my car and stoled it, and I only had liability coverage, I'm going to be a very pissed man replacing another is300 for $14-$16 g's.

My best bet is talk to your parents, if they live with you. If you live alone, go for Wawaneesa because my friends get their cars insured so cheap and they work fast too (Something I did not believe but they proved me wrong). My friend got his SI broken into like 2 weeks ago and they replaced it with a new Pioneer deck, fixed everything (Even the stuff the theif didn't even damage). He got his car back within 5 days of the process, so Wawaneesa is pretty good I guess. Very cheap, I am thinking about switching to them but I am not sure, I want to bargain with State Farm a little more first.

I hope this reply helped you Chronics. Enjoy.

Reactions: Chronics

·
Registered
208 Posts
Ok I'm not going to read through everything but I will say... I'm 20 and I'm with State Farm. I think my rate has been about the same since I joined and I only pay around 700 or 800. Do you live at home? What I did for the low rate was get insured on the POS 80 something Toyota long bed truck that we have and I'm still covered on my IS because I have the premium so it covers me no matter what car I'm in. The insurance lady told me she knows what I'm doing and said if I get any points in the IS they are going to change it to my primary car which will still only up me somewhere around 1400.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
I heard that wawanesa only insure person who is older than 21.

3 years ago, when I have my IS, my fullcoverage payment is around 4g for a year

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
im 18
and have allstate
driving an 05 IS
i have one crash on my record but the accident forgiveness they offer
knocked it off

i pay around 1200$-1400$ a year

·
Registered
85 Posts
Mercury insurance is a good and reliable cheap insurance company, I pay for two cars full coverage around 1500 a year...........

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
um

im 18
and have allstate
driving an 05 IS
i have one crash on my record but the accident forgiveness they offer
knocked it off

i pay around 1200$-1400$ a year
thanks for everyones input

wow! i quoted with Allstate like 4K a yr..under your parents?

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
I just quoted allstate for 2 cars full coverage at 134 a month.

im 28 though.

D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts