Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just did CAI and muffler for my sportcross, i like the sound and performance. Here is what I did and cost.

CAI from Ebay $42 (including shipping) installed myself
Muffler from Ebay $54 (including shipping), install by Premier Muffler in Norwark, ca (562) 926-0048 for $35, that including remove the resonnator and replace w/2.25" pipe.

Total price $131

Here is ebay link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=38634&item=2433174874

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33636&item=2433358929

·
Mr. Negative
12,388 Posts
you get what you pay for dude.

Plus I call BS. You sig says "2002 Sportcross Graphite w/ K&N Typhoon intake. " and you're telling us you bought a 25 dollar POS intake. :lol: whatever makes you happy though.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Big Aluminum wings are usually a good addition to your car, i think they cost about 150 dollars and you get about 15 rwhp. THats what i would do!! :D

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
i told you honda owners that no matter how many altezza/is300 look alike parts you put on your car, you still own a honda. this includes emblems

go put that aluminum park bench on your trunk and be content with your honda

-gte

hog4oc said:
just did CAI and muffler for my sportcross, i like the sound and performance. Here is what I did and cost.

CAI from Ebay $42 (including shipping) installed myself
Muffler from Ebay $54 (including shipping), install by Premier Muffler in Norwark, ca (562) 926-0048 for $35, that including remove the resonnator and replace w/2.25" pipe.

Total price $131

Here is ebay link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=38634&item=2433174874

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33636&item=2433358929

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
SupaLex said:
Big Aluminum wings are usually a good addition to your car, i think they cost about 150 dollars and you get about 15 rwhp. THats what i would do!! :D
:lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
IS300GTE said:
i told you honda owners that no matter how many altezza/is300 look alike parts you put on your car, you still own a honda. this includes emblems

go put that aluminum park bench on your trunk and be content with your honda

-gte

:lol: :p :lol:

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
yes, i agree. i dont trust those intakes. heard some people actually LOST horsepower.
muffler looks ok how does it sound?
i think the next cheap mod would be a nitrous system...75 shot sounds nice :p

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
maybe 500-600 for a standard universal kit
the more expensive ones that activate at a certain given rpm or throttle app. there are also ones that stop nitrous flow knock is detected

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
he was looking for a CHEAP horsepower gain....once again...CHEAP

he didn't say about how he wanted to impress anyone with brand name parts... i would buy brandname because of the R/D that went into it. :(

IMO......
most intakes don't make much/any power without proper tuning (s-afc)

i woulda got a drop in filter and test pipe(no 3rd cat) and made some power...most bang for the buck....power that you actually end up making.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My honest opnion

There are lots of smart pants in this board, I am also member of roadfly BMW club, people have complete different attitude over there, maybe it is different class, Lexus is cheaper car and I don't want to waste my money on so call "name brand" stuff, you know where their cost go to, EPA certification, if you look the air intake i bought from ebay, it is same design as K&N, so I got about 12 HP for $140, I'm cheap so does my car and I'm happy with what I have.

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
Re: My honest opnion

hog4oc said:
There are lots of smart pants in this board, I am also member of roadfly BMW club, people have complete different attitude over there, maybe it is different class, Lexus is cheaper car and I don't want to waste my money on so call "name brand" stuff, you know where their cost go to, EPA certification, if you look the air intake i bought from ebay, it is same design as K&N, so I got about 12 HP for $140, I'm cheap so does my car and I'm happy with what I have.
go dyno it and get back to us...

1 - 20 of 39 Posts