Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, and happy thanksgiving. I am a new member but not new to Toyotas, my names Brandon and I am from Houston. I am looking for help, I bought this 02 black on black sport cross around June. I bought it with misfire codes that were P0300, P0301, P0303, P0304, and P0306. So basically misfiring on all cylinders but 2 and 5. I thought it was going to be a simple tune up and have a badass running wagon daily. But man this thing has been kicking my ass. I did the timing belt, waterpump, cam and crank seals, new OCV, new OCV screen, new VVTI gear, new ignition coils, new spark plug wires, new spark plugs (iridium), valve cover gaskets. And still misfiring on the same cylinders. I had my buddy with an 03 sedan come over and we started swapping parts to eliminate causes, tried out his ECU and key, complete throttle body, his fuel rail and dampener, and everything ive done still results in the same exact codes popping up sooner or later. This thing is making me pull the hair off my head and if anyone has any other ideas that would be great. I was told tried the coolant temp sensor but i"m not sure that would make the misfire but if yall think the same ill try it. Another thing i was told is fuel pressure, i haven't checked it yet cause of how hard it is to check it on these motors but I was planning on throwing a brand new denso fuel pump in it. All parts that were replaced were either OEM or the same manufacturer as OEM aka aisin or denso. Please help!!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have replaced those and then double check the resistance on them and they check out. The connectors were brittle and i replaced just the connectors and still same thing

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Also had it had the timing belt done before?

There is a crank sensor which you should have pulled the timing sprocket off for behind the pulley, a lot of people don't see the retainer (red arrow below) and just yank the belt pulley off chipping or breaking the teeth on the timing sprocket (green arrow below). This causes misfires as the crank timing gets out of whack, could also be an issue with the crank sensor itself (bottom left on the photo opposite the retainer).
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gear Crankset Vehicle brake

1 - 8 of 8 Posts