Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I've contacted the local Zaino distributor here in Charlotte and he's offered to host a full-on detailing clinic for us this weekend. It's to be held indoors and there are slots for up to 12 cars.

Here's brief detail on the event... I inquired initially for the folks over on ClubLexus and SELOC and realized I didn't post it over here on .NET!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What: Detailing Clinic featuring Zaino Bros' Show Car Polish Products
When: February 21, 2004. 9:00 AM until approximately 3:00 PM. Rain or Shine!
Where: Import Paint and Body Shop
6173 E. Indendence Blvd.
Charlotte, NC

Each participant will be able to learn how to use clay bar on their own car and apply up to 3 coats of the Zaino polishes. There is no fee to attend, but participants will be able to purchase products for their use on the day of the event. In addition to Zaino products, www.zainostore.com, participants will also be able to purchase DF Concours towels, www.dftowel.com. If anyone would like to use their DF Towel on that day, I can prewash them and have them ready for use. Interested parties for the DF Towels should contact me directly at: [email protected] or 704.759.0142.

You will need the following:

Enough towels to dry the car one time
One towel for use while claying
One towel for removing polish
One towel for use with Z-6
The best towels to use are either the DF Concours Towel or a white 100% cotton U.S. made towel. Towels should be washed before use if they are new.

A clean 12oz or greater capacity spray bottle to mix clay bar lubricant in.

Lunch will be provided for participants, so a reasonably firm head count is needed. Remember that this is a rain or shine event.

Entrance to the body shop will be through the doors at the rear of the building.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Click on the link below for more details on the event. Post there if you're interested in attending or you can send me an email [email protected] for more info / RSVP.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=108825

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just after posting this, the sponsor for this meet gave me a call to let me know that the weather forecast just changed to a possible 'wintery mix' for Saturday morning. We'll take stock again tomorrow night on what its looking like.

The place for the meet is indoors, so that's not a problem. However most of our cars with Z rated performance tires don't do so well on anything with the word 'ice' or 'snow' in it.... If it looks like it's going to be nasty weather, I'd recommend we postpone rather than slide our way there.

If you're interested, please still sign up so you're on the list if we reschedule.

--------------------------------------------
Update We're moving the date to February due to the weather. I'll bump this thread once we've locked in on a weekend.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DaveGS4 said:
--------------------------------------------
Update We're moving the date to February due to the weather. I'll bump this thread once we've locked in on a weekend.
The Charlotte Zaino detail clinic has been rescheduled for Saturday, Feb 21. I've updated the link above with details, hope some IS folks can join us!

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bump - meet is coming up in a week from tomorrow.

If you're going to be able to make it, please confirm by next Tuesday so that our sponsor knows how many lunches to order :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.