Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i marked down the tires on i put on last year, now i forget where they have to be changed this year, cause today it snowed :( and i gotta put the tires on, just to make sure, i have to put the drivers front tire from last year to the driver back tire this year right? as well as the passenger side, or do i cross them?

·
Registered
769 Posts
if they're radial tires don't cross them. Check on the sidewall and find out if they're radial or not. If they are, there should be arrows that indicate the direction the tires should turn. Then rotate them from back to front or front to back depending on where the tire was on last season.

should post this in the wheel and tire section next time.

·
Premium Member
7,958 Posts
they are snow tires correct? If they aren't uni-directional

Two rears come up to the front, and the front cross.

·
Premium Member
7,958 Posts
are they uni-directional? If not, you're suppose to cross the tires that are moving from the front to rear.

If its a front wheel car, you do the opposite, the front goes to the back, and back comes to the front (two tires going to the front will be crossed)

In a RWD, rears come to the front, and front goes to rear (the two tires going to the rear will cross)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Eminence said:
are they uni-directional? If not, you're suppose to cross the tires that are moving from the front to rear.

If its a front wheel car, you do the opposite, the front goes to the back, and back comes to the front (two tires going to the front will be crossed)

In a RWD, rears come to the front, and front goes to rear (the two tires going to the rear will cross)
its a RWD, and its directional....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.