Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Has anyone changed the ignition microswitch themselves? My EFI relay is clicking when the car is off and another thread in the forums isolates it to a bad microswitch (says about $30 dollar part). I hate my local delearship and would like to do anything I can to circumvent having to take my car to them. Any thoughts? In theory, I just have to get to the gauge cluster......

·
Registered
445 Posts
best bet is to have it done by the dealer unfortunately. had mine done under warranty. i believe they have to remove the steering wheel to get to the switch. it took them about an hour or maybe less.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sent you a pm blitz....but can anyone else tell me where I could find the part number for the switch? Dealer tried telling me the part alone was 225 and that labor would be around 250....seems high to me. :-/

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nevermind about the part number called Lexus of Orlando rather then my local (melbourne) dealership. The part is 93.68 and just in case anyone ever needs the number it is 8445012200 . Melbourne was trying to sell me the entire ignition. The part above is just the switch. I'll call melbourne tomorrow and talk to parts rather then service. Thx.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Has anyone ever replaced this?

My car started making this noise yesterday. It goes away with the key in the ignition.

found the part for 69.00

1 - 5 of 5 Posts