Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I posted in another thread, I'll be moving from the US to Canada in about six weeks and I wanted to ask if anyone knows anything about changing the speedometer gauge to reflect km as opposed to miles.

It really isn't a huge deal, but I figure it might be SMART to have my gauge show the km's in big numbers... you know... seeing the 100km sign on the highway might just make me do some funny things in my car!!! It'll be like driving on the autobahn!

I assume I would have to probably do this with the dealership, if at all possible, to ensure no mileage rollback or anything like that, but if anyone has any knowledge about this, I'd love to hear what you've got to say.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
As I posted in another thread, I'll be moving from the US to Canada in about six weeks and I wanted to ask if anyone knows anything about changing the speedometer gauge to reflect km as opposed to miles.

It really isn't a huge deal, but I figure it might be SMART to have my gauge show the km's in big numbers... you know... seeing the 100km sign on the highway might just make me do some funny things in my car!!! It'll be like driving on the autobahn!

I assume I would have to probably do this with the dealership, if at all possible, to ensure no mileage rollback or anything like that, but if anyone has any knowledge about this, I'd love to hear what you've got to say.
I believe, and someone correct me if I am wrong, all instrument clusters now come completely sealed from the factory and therefore you cannot just pop it open to change out the faces of the speedometer and tachometer (Well you could but i doubt a dealership will do it and they don't just sell the faces). You might be SOL unless you want to have the dealership change the whole cluster. Also, a dealership will not swap out a USED cluster for yours. If anyone tells you otherwise they are lying or don't know any better. The clusters cannot have their mileage reprogrammed once they have been set and "turned on" the first time. Changing clusters is essencially odometer fraud because you wont be reflecting the cars actual mileage.

·
Banned
1,474 Posts

Maybe I missed it "A" . Why are u going to Canada A? Do they have computers and the internet up there "A"?

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1 - 5 of 5 Posts