Lexus IS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought well.. my parents just bought me an IS.. my dream car!! i'm so happy with it so far.. i'm hoping to make some improvements later on but since it's brand new, i just wanted to play around with little stuff.. i wanted to change my blinker(signal blubs) to red.. i think it would match the car better. I've noticed that there are two signal bulbs on each side in the front.. i kinda figured out how to change those.. lack of space under the hood made it little bit hard but it seems possible.. rear is what i need help with.. i've unscrewed the pin holding the carpet down.. and i was wondering if i have to unscrew some more screws and take the entire casing out to replace the rear blinkers.. it seems like that's the only way but just wondering.. give me some tips on replacing bulbs in the front too if you have done it and there's easier way.. space is so limited in the front.. thanks~!!

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Dude are you kidding me? Front is easy? The top bulbs on each side of the front are MAYBE easy if you have small hands. Its impossible (or at least I think it is?) to reach the lower ones from the hood. Share you secrets!

The back is VERY easy. Listen...open your trunk. On the right of the left tail light and the left of the right tail light there will be 2 little plastic circles. They are small covers. Just pop each cover off with a flat head and then there are screws that you just unscrew underneath. After you get those out fiddle with the tail light until you can pull it out then you have access to every bulb once its out. Easy as 1 2 3.

[ June 06, 2001: Message edited by: DarkzIS300 ]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.